Site Reliability Engineer - Games
As part of our Game Operations Team, you are responsible for keeping a few hundred game servers in check using puppet and python. You support the game developers in automating their release/deployment workflow and act as a technical partner in improving/evaluating the current or future technologies.
- You feel comfortable troubleshooting Linux systems using common tools such as top, ps, ss etc.
- You think that setting up new servers should be done by configuration automation tools such as Puppet
- You like automatizing repetitive tasks using Python, Shell or other tools
- You enjoy hunting hard bugs and diving deep until you find the root of the problem
- You are an avid learner and love to explore new technologies and test them
- You love to collaborate with other System Administrator and Developers and optimize existing systems and processes such as deployment pipelines
- KVM virtual machines comfortably provisioned from our office using tools and libraries such as Foreman, libvirt
- Thousands of Debian GNU/Linux VMs configured by Puppet and constantly watched by Nagios and Graphite
- A wide environment of Java, PHP, Python apps running on NGINX, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Memcache and more...
- Special purpose software developed by our developers and you using Python, Go or small Shell scripts
- Deployment pipelines for system administration tools and developers using Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Artifactory etc.
- FreeBSD software routers and load balancers in data centers managed by our own stack
- Powerful organizational tools and methods such as Slack, Bitbucket, and JIRA
Why you should join us:
- We think everyone should use their preferred platform; whether it is Linux, Mac OS or Windows. We provide you the right hardware for your style
- Access to various personal development possibilities for your technical or soft skills
- We support your attendance to conferences in Germany and abroad as visitor or speaker
- Shape the success story of InnoGames with a great team of driven experts in an international environment
- Competitive compensation
- An atmosphere that empowers creative thinking and strong results in a healthy and stable company
- Exceptional benefits ranging from flawless relocation support, company gym, smartphone or tablet, company bikes, roof terrace with BBQ and much more...
Get to know us better! Meet us in Hamburg www.innogames.com/career/innogames-careers/
See your collegues at some 2016's appearances:
5432 MeetUs: 2016.5432meet.us/en/schedule/indexes-in-postgresql/
If you feel already withdrawal symptoms from all the text fell free to have a look at our open source projects on github.com/innogames/
Currently, we have a similar open position for our Backend Operations team. Check it out if you are interested: Site Reliability Engineer