Game Writer (f/m)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and soon Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for a
Game Writer (f/m)
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Mainz (Germany).
As Game Writer you will work within the design team to create and write all relevant systemic and narrative text for the game.
- Write in game text and dialogue following form and content
- Support the conception of narrative concepts such as a campaign or a tutorial
- Create NPC Profiles and the subsequent text and audio messages
- Create additional game text such as tool tips, in game descriptions and marketing proposals
- Closely collaborate with Game and Content Design as well as localization and QA
- Creation and support of the audio book
- Work with internal tools to manage text creation, localization and version control
- Excellent writing skills in English (preferred) and German (beneficial)
- High level of general education and a preference for historical topics
- Multi-year experience as a game writer, lector, editor, screenwriter or creative writer
- Strong ability to work in a structured environment with digital text management tools is beneficial
- Understanding of design processes and game production workflows is beneficial
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills to resolve complex issues is mandatory
- Strong verbal communication skills in English (preferred) and German (beneficial)
- Superior motivation to create high quality content
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
• Experience in narrative design support story within the development process
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our careers portal.
Applications should include the earliest starting date and your salary expectation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de
Blue Byte GmbH - Studio Mainz