Community Developer (f/m)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft is present in 28 countries and has sales in 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. In our German offices in Düsseldorf and Mainz, we are working on brands like “Assassin’s Creed”, “The Settlers” and “Anno”.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for a
Community Developer (f/m)
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Mainz (Germany).
- Create overall strategies and tactical campaigns that extend the level
- of player engagement with an eye towards improving player retention,
facilitating customer satisfaction and building brand awareness.
- Partner with the marketing- and development team to understand product
designs, provide feedback on features, tools, and channels being created
to manage or drive community/social/viral activities, and devise
compelling programs that leverage these elements
- Create and maintain a calendar that communicates the schedule of
overall community content beats.
- Lead the creative process resulting in the creation of community
content, including but not limited to written articles/blogs,
videos/livestreams, tutorials/guides, and developer Q&A/AMAs.
- Partner with production teams and community managers in order to
facilitate approvals, oversee publishing, and coordinate messaging to
drive traffic to community content.
- Coordinate community activities at events both internally (“Fan Days”)
and externally (“Ubisoft Lounge”).
- Drive online and location-based event-focused engagement activities
such as tournaments and competitions.
- Own community-focused communications in both day-to-day and crisis
- Partner with community managers, game masters, and customer support
representatives to establish community moderation/conduct policies and
synthesize player input/feedback to provide guidance to game production
- Generate reporting that communicates player mood/sentiment and the
effectiveness/ROI of community-oriented content/programs.
- 4+ years experience working in community management, social media,
online marketing, and/or user experience roles
- 2+ years experience in a professional game development or publishing
environment, preferably working on service-based games
- Strong understanding of content management systems and social media
channels/platforms/services, mechanics, and trends, especially Facebook,
Twitter, YouTube, and Twitch
- Strong organizational, project management, and cross-functional
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to
create quality documentation for internal and external audiences
- Experience with video content production and/or livestreaming
preferred. Prior experience presenting to public audiences or “on-camera”
experience a significant plus
- A passion for gaming and personal experience as an active member of
online gaming communities significant plusses
- A proficiency in English and German
- International travel required
- Flexible work hours
- External trainings, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruits, special conditions for gym membership, support for child care
- Possibility to lent bikes for free or lease your own bike!
- Working in an innovative and international Company
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative.
If you are passionate about games and would like to work in the games industry, please apply via our career portal.
Applications should include the earliest starting date and your salary
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Blue Byte GmbH | Studio Mainz