Senior Animator (m/f)
Limbic Entertainment is looking for a talented Senior Animator (m/f) for an unannounced Unreal Engine 4 project.
For this position, we are seeking a person with a great passion for games and art in general, with a specific focus on everything related to animations. You will work hands-on in bringing game objects to life by creating animations for characters and props. Your responsibility also includes outsourcing animations to our art-providing partners, which includes the creation of briefings, communications with those partners, providing feedback and change requests to ongoing projects, and green-lighting final work results.
You will also work closely with our engineering department to ensure the smooth integration and the correct representation of the animations in the final product. Exporting and integrating the assets into Unreal Engine 4, as well as developing rigging solutions for our characters, are further important aspects of the work on our projects.
Your tasks will include:
• Creating and implementing new characters and props animations
• Briefing and supervising freelance animators and outsourcing partners
• Creating and maintaining a database of key-framed animations
• Developing, building and maintaining efficient character rigging solutions
• Identifying problems with the visual representation of animations and providing solutions
• Preparing and exporting animations into Unreal Engine 4
• Collaborating closely with art direction and the game team to improve animation quality and style
• Planning and executing of the game animation systems in close cooperation with our technical artists and engineering team
• At least five years of industry experience as an animator, with several released titles
• Excellent knowledge of 3ds Max and/or Maya animation tools
• Very good rigging knowledge
• Ample experience with the Unreal Engine in general and a good knowledge of working with Unreal Engine 4
• A high level of self-motivation and the ability to work without direct supervision
• A good overview of the current games market and trends in the games/animation industry
• Being a team player and problem-solver, keeping your cool even when dealing with temporarily high workload levels
• Lots of creativity and a thorough understanding of blended animations systems
• Fluent in English
• EU citizen or a valid working permit for Germany is required
What we offer:
• A responsible and challenging position in a dynamic business
• Our team of more than 60 employees contributes to an enjoyable and cooperative working atmosphere
• Flat hierarchies make for quick decision-making
• Interesting game projects with many different, diverse and challenging tasks
• Appropriate remuneration
Please send your full CV and cover email to:
Ms. Loren Bucioglu
For more information on Limbic Entertainment GmbH, please refer to http://www.limbic-entertainment.de.