Engine Programmer (Unreal) (m/f)
Limbic Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced Engine Programmer (Unreal) (m/f) for an unannounced Unreal Engine 4 project.
As an Engine Programmer (Unreal) (m/f) at Limbic Entertainment, you will build the foundations for innovative games. You will be specialized in game technology, have a great passion for 3D-engines in general and for Unreal Engine in particular. You will have already participated in the development of professional projects in the gaming industry. You will have previously worked on a custom engine or have customized an off-the-shelf engine. You will be able to analyse an existing engine’s architecture fully, customize systems or provide new ones (based on the project needs) and maintain changes made to the code base.
One of the responsibilities of this role is the implementation of engine-focused gameplay functionalities and tools. In addition, you will be supporting the technical artists and level designers on the engine side. Evaluation and integration of new tools and maintaining the production engine code by applying updates will also be your important responsibilities.
Your tasks will include:
• Implementation of engine-heavy functionalities
• Optimizing systems at the engine level
• Becoming familiar with big code bases and maintaining first- and third-party code
• Supporting technical artists and level designers with tools
• Creating and estimating tasks and user stories
• Maintaining the product with technical support and bug fixes
• Evaluating new technologies and plug-ins
• Two to three years’ experience in game development, preferably PC/console and online games
• Experience of working with Unreal Engine 3 or 4
• Experience with server-side development with dedicated Unreal servers and networking is a plus
• Excellent C++ skills and well acquainted with Visual Studio
• Strong mathematical and graphical skills
• Bachelor‘s/master‘s degree in Computer Science-related field
• Experience in development environments, standards and technologies, such as OOP, Design Patterns, Test Driven Development, UML, etc.
• Knowledge of unit tests and profiler tools
• High affinity for games, the internet and multimedia
• Fluent in English
• EU citizen or a valid working permit for Germany
What we offer:
• A responsible and challenging position in a dynamic business
• Our team of more than 60 employees contributing to an enjoyable and cooperative working atmosphere
• Flat hierarchies make for quick decision-making
• Interesting game projects with many different, diverse and challenging tasks
• Appropriate remuneration
Please send your full CV and cover email to:
Ms. Loren Bucioglu
For more information on Limbic Entertainment GmbH, please refer to http://www.limbic-entertainment.de