DevOps Engineer (m/f)
Online games are a passion project for you and you want nothing more than to work with us in the development of our games? To be able to guarantee a disruption-free game experience, you will be responsible for the risk-oriented operation of applications based on the linux-based payment system infrastructure as Payment Operations Engineer PHP. You will work in a dynamic and motivated team in which you will be responsible for technical configuration management, amongst other things. You will have the opportunity as Payment Operations Engineer to play a part in a friendly and passionate yet highly solution-oriented team and to shape our systems.
Tasks to inspire:
- Risk-oriented operation of applications based on the linux-based infrastructure of the payment system with a particular point of attention paid to applications and processes
- Technical configuration management and release management
- Development of sustainable strategies and rapid problem solutions (repair scripts, hotfixes, etc.)
- Definition and continued development of monitoring and supervision systems
- Coordination and communication on processes, technical problems and emergencies
- On-call availability together with other colleagues to ensure system availability
Qualifications to convince:
- Ideally, completed studies in IT and/or multiple years of experience in software development or rather, the operation of web applications.
- Sound knowledge of both the German and English languages, both written and spoken
- Experience in object-oriented development of web applications, ideally in PHP5/7
- Knowledge of linux-based systems, ideally Ubuntu as well as experience with LAMP environments
- Good knowledge of SQL, preferably experience in MySQL
- Confident and adventurous use of the Shell
- Knowledge within the area of virtualisation (Vagrant, Docker, KVM, VMWare) and experience with Provisioning tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Focused working ability, even under the pressures of time or system disruption
- A curious nature and a willingness to get to grips with new tools and technologies, as well as to work with existing code
- Strengths in conceptual thinking, a honed analytical ability and a systematic, careful and risk-aware way of working
- Distinctive skill for communication and team-working
A company to connect:
- A position of responsibility in one of the most creative and exciting industries around
- Fantastic working environment loaded with extras (e.g. games room, massages)
- Free breakfast, lunch, drinks and fruit – every day!
- The ability to be flexible with working hours
- An enormous range of influence with millions of players in dozens of countries
With more than 20 titles and over 450 million registered players, Gameforge is the leading provider of free-to-play massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) in the western hemisphere. Headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, the group offers its online games in more than 75 countries. The portfolio encompasses numerous well-known game industry brands, including client-based titles such as Orcs Must Die! Unchained, HEX: Shards of Fate, prized role-playing game AION Free-to-Play and TERA as well as Europe’s most successful MMO, Metin2. In future, competitive RTS Dropzone and action-laden Anime MMORPG SoulWorker will add to the collection. Popular browser-based games such as OGame and Ikariam complete their offering.
+49 721 354808-244