Level Designer (m/f)
Are you bursting with ideas and eager to let your creativity flow in an inspiring work environment with a friendly atmosphere? Then apply now to become part of our passionate and wildly creative team!
Join the studio behind the award-winning Galaxy on Fire series as Level Designer to create immersive and spectacular game worlds for an upcoming 3rd person action game for console and PC. Let’s do this together! (Field trips into space may not be included).
- Develop high-level concepts for levels, locations, and objectives
- Design engaging level flows to execute the overall game design intentions
- Bring levels through every phase of development from concept to final polish: blocking out, building, scripting, adding events, dressing and fine-tuning
- Collaborate with the members of the design team to create interesting and engaging gameplay scenarios
- Communicate your own designs and ideas to the rest of the team
- Work closely with the art department and collaborate with all disciplines on the game team
- Make sure levels comply with technical requirements
- Strong visual storytelling skills and excellent understanding of 3D game space and pacing
- Deep knowledge of Unreal Engine’s Blueprint system and game scripting systems
- Excellent understanding of level design fundamentals: learning curves, means of player direction, difficulty levels, balancing, pacing, motivation and reward cycles, accessibility, etc.
- Minimum of one shipped game in which you contributed significantly to the level design
- Professional working experience with the Unreal Engine
- Intuitive understanding of how second-to-second action games work and why people play them
- Passionate about games and a solid video game culture
- Positive work attitude and ability to give as well as receive objective criticism
- Strong capacity for teamwork as well as drive to achieve things on your own
- Excellent written and verbal communication and documentation skills, plus the ability to convey abstract concepts
- Good level of written/spoken English
- Experience in the development of console games
- Experience with software such as Maya, SketchUp or ZBrush
- Technical background with hands-on experience in programming or visual scripting
- Academic degree or work experience in art, architecture, interior design or industrial design
- Experience with other engines and tools such as Unity 3D, CryEngine, Frostbite Engine and older versions of Unreal etc.
- An eye for cinematography
- Here’s to you! Fresh fruit, free beverages and special conditions for gym membership
- Do it! Personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes
- The Unit! Open office, friendly atmosphere and with professionals always willing to lend a hand
- There you are! Centrally located, bright and modern offices where creativity flourishes
- Have Fun!Of course play some games along the way
- And what else!? Learn more about your new professional homebase