SENIOR TECHNICAL ARTIST (F/M) (ART)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios, Ubisoft Blue Byte are working on a variety of exciting projects across Düsseldorf and Mainz including “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
The newly established Ubisoft Berlin studio is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams. The first project will be a big AAA-brand, one of the biggest and most important for Ubisoft. Will you join us on this journey? We are a passionate team looking for highly talented and motivated game industry professionals to join us in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities.
We are now accepting applications for a Senior Technical Artist (f/m) to be based at our new studio in Berlin.
- Develop new and improve existing tools
- Problem solving for key production issues
- Recognizing inefficiencies and pipeline issues and provide solutions
- Guide/Coordinate Art teams on demanding tasks
- Daily support of Art and Tech teams
- Enabling other team member to achieve tasks in an efficient and consistent manner
- Developing tools and scripts for Maya, MotionBuilder, 3DMax, Photoshop, Substance Designer and other 3D/2D packages and in-house tools
- Creation and maintenance of documentation for Technical Artist features and tools to provide for the team
- Deep knowledge of the following: Python, C# (C++, Java a plus)
- Deep knowledge of Maya and/or MotionBuilder, 3DMax (Photoshop, Substance Designer, Houdini a plus)
- Knowledge of tools used in the parametric creation of nodes
- Experience working on shipped AAA titles for consoles and/or pcs, as Senior Technical Artist
- Perfect understanding of traditional and of physically based rendering (PBR) pipeline.
- Shader writing or shader building skills
- Rigging experience is always a plus
- Familiarity with the creation of user-friendly tools/systems
- Strong understanding of art optimization techniques.
- Experience and understanding of art/animation pipelines for game engine's
- A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
- Experience in video-game production as Senior Technical Artist (minimum 3 years)
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care
- Subsidized lunch meals, free bike rental or lease your own bike!
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.