3D PROGRAMMER (F/M) (PROGRAMMING)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios, Ubisoft Blue Byte are working on a variety of exciting projects across Düsseldorf and Mainz including “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
The newly established Ubisoft Berlin studio is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams. The first project will be a big AAA-brand, one of the biggest and most important for Ubisoft. Will you join us on this journey? We are a passionate team looking for highly talented and motivated game industry professionals to join us in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities.
We are now accepting applications for a 3D Programmer (f/m) to be based at our new studio in Berlin.
You will develop new and improve existing functionality of our rendering engine which enables high quality real-time visualization of game’s 3D worlds (e.g.: lighting & shading, post-fx, rendering engine architecture, etc.)
- Plan 3D technology development with technical artists and Lead 3D Programmer
- Develop 3D technology in collaboration with technical artists and other programmers
- Analyse and propose improvement to the existing 3D technology in the engine
- Perform memory and performance optimizations of the 3D technology to meet the requirements for target platforms of the game.
- Provide support to technical artists and other team members as required to correctly and efficiently utilize the 3D technology
- Debug and fix issues in the 3D technology as they arise
- Document the work to enable artists and programmer to understand how 3D systems work
- 4+ years of professional experience (at least one released title)
- Strong skills in C++
- Extensive experience in programming 3D using current Rendering APIs (e.g. DX, OpenGL)
- Understanding of modern GPU rendering pipeline and how to utilize it efficiently
- Very good knowledge of advanced mathematics (3D linear algebra…)
- Good debugging and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills and ability & desire to work as a team player
- Self-direction and motivation
- Strong ability for analyzing and extending existing code
- Fluent in English
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care
- Subsidized lunch meals, free bike rental or lease your own bike!
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.