TOOLS PROGRAMMER (F/M) (PROGRAMMING)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios, Ubisoft Blue Byte are working on a variety of exciting projects across Düsseldorf and Mainz including “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
The newly established Ubisoft Berlin studio is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams. The first project will be a big AAA-brand, one of the biggest and most important for Ubisoft. Will you join us on this journey? We are a passionate team looking for highly talented and motivated game industry professionals to join us in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities.
We are now accepting applications for a Tools Programmer (f/m) to be based at our new studio in Berlin.
As a Tools Programmer you will be working on game development tools for AAA Games. You will design, implement, and ensure the proper functioning of the tools that will develop the potential of the engine and help improve the efficiency of the production team.
- Compile and understand development needs and assess their feasibility so as to best serve the production team;
- Analyse existing functions in the engine and see how they could be enhanced;
- Suggest improvements by designing and implementing new systems;
- Collaborate with TDs to enhance the production pipeline;
- Support the production functions and systems: production workflows in the editor, third-party application plug-ins (3DSMax, Maya, source control, etc,), and productivity tools (compilation, buildprocess, etc.);
- Determine and correct the tools bugs identified by people from other crafts and the tools testers (and eventually the quality control team);
- Document the work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users (from other crafts) to understand how to use the new systems and functions;
- 3-5+ years of professional experience
- Excellent programming skills in C++
- Good knowledge of the C# language
- A good understanding of WPF, and the model to support it (MVVM)
- Strong ability for analyzing and extending existing code
- Excellent teamwork abilities
- Great interpersonal and communication skills; we integrate directly with teams around the world
- Fluent in English
- Self-organized and structured working attitude
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care
- Subsidized lunch meals, free bike rental or lease your own bike!
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.