GENERAL PROGRAMMER (F/M) (PROGRAMMING)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios, Ubisoft Blue Byte are working on a variety of projects across Düsseldorf and Mainz including “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
The newly established Ubisoft Berlin studio is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams. The first project will be a big AAA-brand, one of the biggest and most important for Ubisoft. Will you join us on this journey? We are a passionate team looking for highly talented and motivated game industry professionals to join us in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities.
We are now accepting applications for a General Programmer (f/m) to be based at our new studio in Berlin.
The General Programmer will develop systems for a wide-range of elements including the game engine and editor or any middleware used by the production teams.
Further responsibilities include
- Develop systems that will support the different features (AI, 3D, physics, sound, animation, etc.)
- Facilitate the integration of the production teams’ work into the game (engine, editor or middleware)
- Re-factoring of multiplayer code in AAA Ubisoft proprietary engine to make it ready for major online gameplay elements components and online services
- Degree in computer science, mathematics or physics or equivalent
- 4+ years’ programming experience across game, engine and/or tools
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Strong Python programming skills
- Good Java programming skills
- Highly developed communication skills in English
- Proactive and team orientated personality
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care
- Subsidized lunch meals, free bike rental or lease your own bike!
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.