Lead Tester (f/m)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and soon Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for a
Lead Tester (f/m)
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Mainz (Germany).
- Lead, recruit, coach and manage a team towards individual and team excellence
- Partner and provide high value quality-related services to development leadership
- Accountable for the quality of all work and relationships on their team
- Drive test development, estimation, planning, execution, reporting and closure
- Project, manage and maintain schedules for testing activities
- Plan and maintain defect management processes and tools
- Keep QA and QC processes and documentation up to date
- Champion and influence software development best practices and customer experience
- Analyze product quality and usability, associated system limitations and report on risk
- Create, monitor and control metrics impacting product and team quality
- Lead, connect and partner with teams across Ubisoft towards quality initiatives
- Coach and develop leadership talent across the department for succession planning
- Experience leading test teams: 3+ years
- Experience in game/software testing: 5+ years
- PC literate, familiarity with MS Office and any ticketing system (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in test planning for complex features/systems
- Proficiency to work in spoken and written English
- Shipped multiple game titles as a test lead
- Passion for video games and software quality
- Experience with automation test methods
- Familiarity with Ubisoft's line of products and services
- Certification in any of the following: PMP, Scrum Master, ISTQB-ATM
- Experience working in global teams
- Flexible work hours
- External trainings, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruits, special conditions for gym membership, support for child care
- Possibility to lend bikes for free or lease your own bike!
- Working in an innovative and international company
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative.
If you are passionate about games and would like to work in the games industry, please apply via our career portal (APPLY TO JOBS-BUTTON)
Applications should include the earliest starting date and your salary expectation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Blue Byte GmbH - Studio Mainz