Security Engineer (m/f)
As Security Engineer, you are part of an Operations Team which is responsible for the smooth operation of the server infrastructure. This guarantees our players an outstanding game experience. You and the team around you are in close contact with project teams and are able to have direct influence on the success of the projects by creative and constructive feedback. As a technical security contact person, you advise product managers and developers, work on incidents as well as service requests, analyse complex disturbances and lead measures for the remedying of the causes through.
Tasks to inspire:
- Review logs and events to identify potential security concerns
- Perform and review system analysis
- Assist in researching and recommending security solutions
- Assist with security mitigation and remediation efforts as needed
- Perform vulnerability scans and analyze results to help prioritize remediation efforts
- Perform reactive incident response when a security event occurs
Qualifications to convince:
- 1+ years of information security experience or education
- Understanding of common web application vulnerabilities (e.g. OWASP)
- Solid understanding of computer operating systems and networking concepts
- Deep understanding of the web’s architecture
- Experience administering large Linux and Windows environments is a plus
- Can think like an attacker and use that context to develop threat models
A company to connect:
- A position of responsibility in one of the most creative and exciting industries around
- Fantastic working environment loaded with extras (e.g. games room, massages)
- Free breakfast, lunch, drinks and fruit – every day!
- The ability to be flexible with working hours
- An enormous range of influence with millions of players in dozens of countries
With more than 20 titles and over 450 million registered players, Gameforge is the leading provider of free-to-play massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) in the western hemisphere. Headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, the group offers its online games in more than 75 countries. The portfolio encompasses numerous well-known game industry brands, including client-based titles such as prized role-playing game AION Free-to-Play and TERA as well as Europe’s most successful MMO, Metin2. In future, competitive RTS Dropzone and action-laden Anime MMORPG SoulWorker will add to the collection. Popular browser-based games such as OGame and Ikariam complete their offering.
+49 721 354808-244