Lead 3D Engine Programmer [Skull&Bones] (f/m)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, state of the art video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and soon Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
In order to continue delivering high quality and innovative gameplay we are looking for a
Lead 3D Engine Programmer (f/m).
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Mainz (Germany).
Under close collaboration with the Producer you are responsible for the management and technical guidance of the 3D and engine programming team
- Lead the development, maintenance and vision for 3D engine programming
- Pilot the team of engine programmers and participate in their recruitment
- You set the priorities and plan the roadmap and tasks of your team in order to reach the objectives set by the producers within the set timing and quality
- You work closely with other leads in the project
- Work and improve existing 3D engines
- Maintain existing engines, tools and other components
- Research new rendering techniques
- Team leading experience
- Experienced in PC programming (at least one released title)
- Many years of experience in programming 3D using current rendering APIs (e.g. DirectX, OpenGL or equivalent)
- Strong skills in C and C++
- Proven track record of work in current rendering APIs (e.g. DirectX12, Vulkan or equivalent) and algorithms
- Advanced level of mathematics with emphasis in 3D math
- Team player, very good in communication
- German and English communication skills
- Experienced in Linux or Mac programming
- Experience with current gen console development (PS4, XB1)
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care
- Subsidized lunch meals, free bike rental or lease your own bike!
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Blue Byte GmbH - Studio Mainz