Junior Content Designer [Anno] (f/m)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, state of the art video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for a
Junior Content Designer (f/m)
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Mainz (Germany).
As a Junior Content Designer you will manage the creation and implementation of design content and ensure that its gameplay reflects the vision of the game and fully exploits its given mechanics.
- Create the practical game world following the given designs and the world guide
- Create design contents such as campaign, tutorial, scenarios, levels, quests, characters and items
- Improve game pacing, difficulty curves, game flow, player progression, narrative aspects and the consistency of all mechanics used to create content
- Collaborate with the lead team, producers and directors to deliver high quality content that supports the creative vision of the game
- Participate in the research and the optimization of all content creation tools and workflows
- Strong ability to learn and master new tools and techniques
- Basic understanding of design processes including game design, narrative design, level design, content design and game writing
- Experience in rapid prototyping to test feasibility of concepts is beneficial
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills to resolve issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Additional communication skills in German and French are beneficial
- Superior motivation to create high quality content
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
Take on the challenge of working in a fast-paced industry with many different personalities who love making but also playing games!
We offer a highly interesting position for a phenomenal teammate including the possibility to show personal initiative and develop yourself.
Applications should include the earliest starting date and your salary expectation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Blue Byte GmbH - Studio Mainz