Junior Gameplay Programmer [Anno 1800] (f/m)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we ware working on brands like "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege", "Avatar", "Far Cry", "For Honor", "Skull & Bones", "The Settlers", "Anno" and many more.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for an experienced
Junior Gameplay Programmer (f/m)
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Mainz (Germany).
The Gameplay Programmer develops gameplay elements which facilitate the playability of the game (the link between the player's actions, character's behavior, and the consequences on the evolution of the game) and complex gameplay mechanisms.
- Translate the game design into concrete gameplay features
- Improve playability with bug-free gameplay features
1) Optimize player’s comfort (playability)
- Implement and optimize the interaction controls and systems with the game designer to ensure fluid playability
- Use prototyping techniques to demonstrate the validity/invalidity of a gameplay idea
- Determine and fix the gameplay bugs detected by the production and quality control teams
2) Code complex gameplay mechanisms
- Establish the technical possibilities for the different gameplay features
- Analyse and understand the game design documents in order to define the required features and game systems that must be developed in the engine
- Validate and verify if the newly developed systems meet project intentions and are coherent with the existing code
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or any other relevant discipline is a plus
- Several years (3+ yrs.) of experience in Gameplay Programming preferably
- Experience in programming robust and efficient code
- Excellent knowledge in C++
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Autonomous, organized with a high degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Be a team player
- Flexible work hours
- External trainings, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruits, special conditions for gym membership
- Possibility to rent bikes free or lease your own bike
- Working in an innovative and international company
We offer a highly interesting challenge as a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative and to work in an innovative and international company.
This is an ideal opportunity for people who want to learn about video game production as a whole or about specific areas such as programming, art or game design, as you will be working alongside exceptionally talented people from which you can learn.
If you have fun working in the Games industry, please apply via our career portal (APPLY TO JOBS-BUTTON).
Applications should include the earliest starting date and your salary expectation.
For further information, please check www.bluebyte.de and http://www.ubi.com
Blue Byte GmbH - Studio Mainz