Development Tester [Avatar] (f/m)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "Avatar", “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
We are now accepting applications for a Development Tester (f/m) to join our ambitious team, developing the world of Pandora. This position will be based at our Düsseldorf studio.
The Development Tester’s role is to ensure the quality of the game, making sure that the product meets well-defined criteria through analyzing the defined objectives and making sure they are properly implemented in a way, that provides a quality product that meets our internal and external standards. The Development Tester will work embedded in a taskforce or discipline, meaning you will support a specific team with assignments such as development testing, integration testing, writing test cases but also give feedback, insights and suggestions.
- Reporting issues encountered with a standard format that can be easily identified and reproduced according to project guidelines
- Supporting the development team with assigning, tracking and verifying the issues for your taskforce or discipline
- Performing regression testing to ensure a consistent build quality
- Creating test cases and keeping documents up-to-date
- Compile and work proactive with reports, issues and the progress of the testing area you are responsible of
- Actively work to improve quality and efficacy of the tests together with the team
- Assisting and supporting new members of the department
- Managing various types of group tests
- 3+ years of relevant experience within games testing embedded in production
- In-depth knowledge of bug life cycle
- Proficient in utilizing bug databases (Jira or similar)
- Experienced in writing test-cases and setting up test procedures
- Comfortable working in a team and supporting others
- Knowledge in console and PC-world and know how to utilize your skills to improve the end result of the game.
- (Basic) knowledge of version management tools (e.g. Perforce)
- Very good English skills (oral and written)
- Knowledge of game and data production workflows and pipelines
- Experience in game design, level design and/or programming is a plus
You as a person
As a person, you are a natural troubleshooter with an analytical mindset. You possess good communication skills, with willingness to take initiative and are capable of adapting to different people and changes. You know how to manage and plan your own time, and you take pride in delivering top quality, and are focused when it comes to enhancing the end-users’ experience of the game.
Furthermore, you are a great teammate, dedicated to the job and you easily and efficiently interact with people. At the same time, you have the ability to work both independently and like working within large groups. You have a skilled eye for spotting essential details and patience to find hidden bugs, to be able to raise the quality standard of the game.
- Flexible work hours
- External trainings, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruits, special conditions for gym membership, support for child care
- Subsidized lunch meals, possibility to rent bikes for free or lease your own bike!
- Working in an innovative and international company
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative.
If you are passionate about games and would like to work in the games industry, please apply via our career portal (APPLY TO JOBS-BUTTON)
Applications should include the earliest starting date and your salary expectation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Blue Byte GmbH