Full Stack Developer (743805) (Unity) (m/f)
As Game Developer you will work on the frontend and backend of one of our most successful MMO games, Farmerama. As generalist you enjoy both, ensuring the performance of the backend of the game and collaborating with the artists and designers to bring gameplay features into our game. With your expertise, you create an awesome gaming experience for our players.
Farmerama is a browser-based farming game with a wacky spin on the genre. Players can grow plants and trees, rear animals and take part in regular events, all displayed with cute and funny animations. The Farmerama team is open, friendly and welcoming. Everyone works together to make new events, introduce new features and make the game fun and long lasting. Regular team meetings keep everyone informed and up to date, and there are plenty of socials as well. The team works hard and plays hard, and prides itself on responding to player feedback in order to deliver the best game possible.
Sounds great? Then check if you’ve got the skills required and apply! We’re always looking to add perceptive, hard-working and friendly people to our family, so we can shoot for the stars and make the best product ever!
- You work on the Unity port of an existing web browser flash game
- You actively shape the product
- You work closely together with the core development team, art and UI designer
- You handle challenges with performance and memory limitations
- You prioritize, multi-task and perform in a deadline oriented environment
- You successfully worked on at least one shipped social/MMO project with a large amount of players or a realtime multiplayer game OR 3+ years of professional experience in developing video games
- Good problem analysis skills and ability to find simple, robust and efficient solutions for complex problems
- You have knowledge of how to scope and break down requirements into actionable tasks
- You have experience with Unity in professional environment and have deeper technical knowledge
- You have a high understanding of game web technologies (i.e. WebGL), concepts, challenges and best practices
- Experience with ActionScript (Flash) is a plus
- You are a team player and enjoy working with other departments on shared goals
- You are passionate about gaming
- You are fluent in technical and business English