Working within our expanding Client Team, the Software Engineer will translate customer requirements into world-leading user experiences.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about new technology and keen to make a mark pushing the boundaries of software engineering to create outstanding projects.
The Client Team work on bespoke projects, leveraging the core ZeroLight technologies to deliver on and exceed customer expectations.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of the award-winning ZeroLight team, working at the forefront of 3D technology with our world class technology partners such as Amazon, NVIDIA and Microsoft, developing cutting edge tech projects with hardware providers such as Meta2AR and StarVR for tradeshows like CES and delivering projects for some of the biggest automotive brands in the business such as Audi, Porsche and BMW.
This role is based at our award-winning, state of the art studio LiveWorks, based on Newcastle’s famous Quayside. To read more about the studio and our unique company culture please visit our Life @ ZeroLight blog.
- Develop, write, test and debug visual experiences and associated authoring tools.
- Write clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Designing and implementing solutions to challenging technical problems in the area of 3D interactive applications.
- Regularly report progress to Line Manager as well as be able to present solutions to peers.
- Support and promote the ZeroLight quality first ethos.
- Dealing with changing problem parameters and customer needs, with some travel involved to client sites across Europe, Japan and the US.
- Expertise in object oriented programming.
- Previous experience using Unity is beneficial.
- Must be comfortable working within an existing code base.
- Able to identify and solve problems creatively.
- Experience collaborating with other developers in a commercial environment.
- Ability to write well-structured, high level code with consideration for both maintainability and optimisation.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills essential.
- Brand new state of the art studios on Newcastle’s famous Quayside.
- Fully fitted kitchen area with high spec coffee machine.
- Free fruit, healthy snacks, soft drinks, chocolate and crisps.
- Up to two-hour lunch break.
- Lunchtime activities including running club, badminton league and swimming.
- Recreation area with pool, table tennis and an outside terrace overlooking the River Tyne.
- Well stocked beer fridge for after work drinks.
- Flexible working hours which allow you to start work any time between 8am – 10am each morning and leave between 4pm – 6pm.
- Wide range of activities including Board Games night, ZeroLight Quiz, themed parties and group outings organised by our ZLSocial group.
- Book share scheme.
- Opportunities to present University technical talks and speak at local events.
- Cycle to work scheme (with showers in the studio!).
- Contributory Pension Scheme with Royal London.
- Life Assurance Scheme.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 days on length of service, and all bank holidays.
- Extra free days holiday at Christmas to ensure a long break over the festive period.
- Official ZeroLight Events including Friend & Family Day, Summer Day and our famous all expenses paid Christmas Party.
- Access to external training, mentoring, travel opportunities and conference attendance.
- Ongoing performance management via our ZLTalent platform with regular reviews and feedback and clear development pathways.
- Annual salary review.
- Free eye test and contribution towards glasses.
ZeroLight Ltd, LiveWorks, 55-57 Quayside
NE1 3DE email@example.com