UI/UX Designer (m/f)
Greetings, fellow pilots!
For over a decade, our fine veteran squadron of space pilots has been on an incredibly exciting journey through the highs and lows in mobile, PC and console gaming. Now we're looking for talented pilots who'd like to join us on our next adventure taking us even further into deep space.
Back in the day, we were best known as the makers of the iconic mobile space shooters series “Galaxy on Fire” part 1 and 2 and its two expansions. In 2014, we opened up a new dimension by founding ROCKFISH Games and entering the PC and console gaming business with the intent of making top-quality premium games in Unreal Engine 4 without any microtransactions whatsoever.
For our debut title EVERSPACE, a 3D roguelike space shooter with top-notch visuals and clever storytelling, we raised €420K on Kickstarter and it became a surprise hit on PC, Xbox and PS4. Later this year it will also come to Nintendo Switch.
So, if fast-paced space combat in the best tradition of Freelancer combined with 6DOF movement à la Descent and a good dose of fresh ideas is your thing we would love to hear from you, should you meet the profile below.
Your responsibilities are
- Gather and evaluate user requirements/stories in collaboration with game designers and art directors
Illustrate design ideas using sketches, process flows and structure charts
- Design graphic user interface elements, such as menus & HUDs
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate function & look
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Build all major design elements (skins, frames, buttons, icons, etc.)
- Create and adhere to style guides (design, fonts, and colors)
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, logos and key visuals)
- Occasional graphic design tasks
You should have
- At least three years of work experience as a senior UI/UX Designer or similar position in the PC/Console games industry
- Great passion for sci-fi games and movies
- Solid knowledge of design software, like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Familiarity with wireframe tools, like Wireframe.cc, Gliffy or InVision
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Some Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Sufficient German language skills in order to follow the conversation in team meetings
- Sufficient English language skills for project documentation
Nice if you had
- Solid experience in Unreal Engine 4 and UMG
- Experience in console games development
- Team spirit and strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Experience in concept art, illustration and classical graphic design
You will have
- The chance to become one of the creators of the next iconic space shooter
- A full-time job on site with very little crunch time
- The opportunity to become a valuable member within a small, quality-driven veteran team
- A nice place to work at in a wide open space studio located in a popular and vibrant part of Hamburg
Eduardstraße 46 - 48