Lead Client Developer - Game Services (f/m)
Fluffy Fairy Games is a new and vibrant tech/games company based in Berlin. We want you to be part of our grand vision of becoming the most player-centric games developer and to help us build a world-class tech company on the way.
At Fluffy Fairy Games you will be joining a young and diverse team with a wide variety of experience, skills and cultural backgrounds. Choose our company because everybody can bring in ideas that directly affect millions of players worldwide. We believe in people, in strong self-motivated teams, in fast decision-making and empowering you to take charge through a supportive, learning-friendly atmosphere.
We work in a flat hierarchy with the opportunity for everybody to weigh in, no matter how many years of experience you bring. Every employee takes over his or her own projects from the first day, which ensures quick learnings, ownership and skill development.
Our main title is 'Idle Miner Tycoon', one of the three most successful idle games worldwide with more than 45 million downloads and seven figure revenue per month. In April 2018 we launched our second game, 'Idle Factory Tycoon', which achieved over 4m downloads in its first month and is about to replicate the success of our first game.
We are looking for someone to work together with the game team in building services that have a direct impact in our games and consequently its players. You will support player experience across our live games, which is crucial to our company, as our main focus is our Players. We are looking for someone that is passionate about gaming technology and that is ready to develop world class software with a focus on performance and architecture, someone that will support us building and leading a team of dedicated professionals.
- A position in a young and brilliant team
- An organisation truly dedicated to getting things done as fast and elegantly as possible
- A competitive salary
- A modern workspace with state of the art tech
- The newest technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time
- Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert
- Full-time employees also get the chance to financially profit from our unique company share/stock option program
- Build up and lead a team focused on Game Services
- Act as a mentor to the developers in your team, managing and training them
- Ensure best practices around software development within the team
- Provide leadership in a fast-paced and agile team with short release cycles
- Manage project schedules and give time estimations for new feature development
- Identify possible technical issues within the project and communicate them clearly to the project stakeholders
- Work closely with key company stakeholders and be responsible for the overall planning, actioning and success of projects
- Enable the games to grow in the future by structuring the code for long-term support, by focusing on maintainability, scalability and quality within the code base of the project
- Provide feedback and improve on the software architecture
- Design, implement and maintain technical systems and frameworks to support the game
- Identify and profile performance issues and provide solutions to fix them
- Build robust SDKs for communication with backend services
- Integrate and maintain third party tools and provide clean interfaces to use them
- Communicate with main stakeholders
- Ability to lead and manage people
- Strong software design and architecture skills
- Awareness of, and ability to leverage industry best practices and solutions in order to apply the right solution for a given problem
- Software development experience in C#
- Strong expertise with automated testing
- Knowledge of Unity game engine and dependency injection frameworks for Unity is a plus
Due to this being an international studio, English is the spoken language. So please do remember to apply for this role in English. Thank you.
Hallesches Ufer 60