Senior 3D Artist (m/f)
Greetings, fellow pilots!
For over a decade, our fine veteran squadron of space pilots has been on an incredibly exciting journey through the highs and lows in mobile, PC and console gaming. Now we're looking for talented pilots who'd like to join us on our next adventure taking us even further into deep space.
Back in the day, we were best known as the makers of the iconic mobile space shooters series “Galaxy on Fire” part 1 and 2 and its two expansions. In 2014, we opened up a new dimension by founding ROCKFISH Games and entering the PC and console gaming business with the intent of making top-quality premium games in Unreal Engine 4 without any microtransactions whatsoever.
For our debut title EVERSPACE, a 3D roguelike space shooter with top-notch visuals and clever storytelling, we raised €420K on Kickstarter and it became a surprise hit on PC, Xbox and PS4. Later this year, it will also come to Nintendo Switch.
So, if fast-paced space combat in the best tradition of Freelancer combined with 6DOF movement à la Descent and a good dose of fresh ideas is your thing we would love to hear from you, should you meet the profile below.
Your responsibilities are
- Craft 3D models throughout the game with focus on environments and vehicles, mostly spaceships but also occasionally characters
- Create both high resolution models and final game-ready assets
- Work closely with the rest of the 3D art team to maintain consistent and always improving aesthetics and workflows across all the assets in the game
- Develop relationships with the design, engineering and UI teams to help maintain a “Gameplay First” approach to game development
You should have
- At least three years of work experience as a senior 3D artist in the video games industry
- Expert knowledge of Autodesk 3D Studio Max
- Proficient in Substance Designer & Photoshop
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Good sense of form, shape and silhouette in regards to objects
- Adapt well to new processes and pipelines and the ability to take direction well
- Decent Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Great passion for sci-fi games and movies
- Sufficient German language skills to follow the conversation in team meetings
- Sufficient English language skills for project documentation
Nice if you had
- Expert knowledge in Unreal Engine 4
- Experience in character modeling, rigging and animation
You will have
- The chance to become one of the creators of the next iconic space shooter
- A full-time job on site with very little crunch time
- The opportunity to become a valuable member within a small, quality-driven veteran team
- A nice place to work at in a wide open space studio located in a popular and vibrant part of Hamburg
Eduardstraße 46 - 48