Producer [Unannounced Project] (f/m) (Project Management (Games/Animation movies)
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "Avatar", “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
We are now accepting applications for Producer [Unannounced Project] (f/m) to be based at our new studio in Berlin.
As a Producer, you are responsible for a team and a project/mandate in the context of a large-scale game done in co-development across several Ubisoft Studios. The project is led by another studio and you own a mandate locally.
At Ubisoft Berlin, we consider the Producer as the “CEO of the project”. Through a servant leadership mindset, they are responsible for the success of their team and their long-term health. While we expect them to embody our culture and support the strategy of the studio, they also benefit of a maximum of autonomy and support for the development of their team. We expect our Producers to be well-rounded leaders with the highest standards.
Further responsibilities include:
- Champion leadership within the project: You setup the Core Team with whom you define the team culture in line with the culture of the studio. By promoting excellence in servant leadership, you ensure the scalability of your team and your project.
- Ensure clear and transparent communication: You ensure the vision and the context of the project are clearly structured and communicated to inspire your team. You share all information in a timely and efficient manner in order to empower everyone to make their own decisions.
- Ensure conversion of vision into viable product: You collaborate with your Core Team to transform their vision into a viable project and product. You own the business case and the prioritization of the investment. You ensure the vision is realizable and you set the quality target for the project and the product in line with the business case.
- Leverage Ubisoft/Studio ecosystem: You ensure the team is well connected within the Ubisoft ecosystem and that all synergies are properly in place to benefit both, your project and the organization.
- Own the business case: You negotiate the mandate and the budget with the lead studio for your team and decide how to invest it. You are also responsible for its forecast and monitoring.
- Stakeholders management: You are the main point of contact for all stakeholders (Project lead studio, local studio leadership, human resources department, Ubisoft headquarters, etc.) and you maintain the alignment between them and your team.
- Own risk management: You are responsible for identifying, assessing and managing the risks your team and your project are facing. You ensure relevant mitigation plans are in place and that the team and all stakeholders are aligned with them.
- Own project roadmap: You are responsible for the development strategy and pace of your project. You ensure expectations are aligned between the team and the stakeholders.
- Expertise in running large-scale complex projects/teams
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Macro thinker
- Strong leader
- Track record (including AAA game dev)
We aim to have a wide and diverse range of profiles within our studio; thus, we are looking forward to being surprised by your application. The most important quality for us is to be a strong team player with a resilient and positive attitude.
What we want to offer you:
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe developers do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for a developer to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension scheme
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal. Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.