Graphics Engine Architect (Web)
What we are looking for
We want to integrate people in our team who care as much about quality, creativity, and teamwork as ourselves. People that want to build creative software solutions that millions of people use and love.
What we offer you is
- to work on a genuine product that is state of the art and backed by top-nodge technology and loved by our customers,
- an outstanding team and community (https://img.ly and https://9elements.com/team),
- an important role as core platform developer,
- flexible work hours, competitive salary, flat hierarchies,
- top-of-the-line MacBooks and other great tools,
- possibility to tinker with new technologies
- to develop your skills as you please,
- steadily growing company with a lot of potential for personal development,
- to attend conferences or participate in inhouse workshops,
- and a beautiful office in the heart of Bochum in walking distance to the main station, that is surrounded with lots of bars and restaurants.
Who we are
We are a groundbreaking technology provider for creative solutions located in Bochum, Germany with the mission to make design accessible through technology. Our flagship product, https://www.photoeditorsdk.com, is a fully customizable photo editing solution for web and mobile platforms, which is used by Startups as well as brands like Amazon, Shutterstock, HP and many more. We are a team of coders, designers, thinkers and tinkerers, that are always focused on the product as a whole.
We always strive to provide the best in class creative solutions, since it is our common goal to build creative tools that support people to create stunning output. We envision to become the goto app for creative editing for mobile and web application.
- Play an important role in further development of our graphics engine architecture for our Web SDK,
- enhance our core graphics engine with new features and introduce new core concepts,
- work together with our mobile team to make architectural decisions and work towards a cross platform graphics / data visualization engine,
- improve our rendering and data processing architecture and performance,
- work independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision,
- research novel technologies and make architectural decisions,
- collaborate with fellow developers, designers, and other team members to specify and implement new features,
- and support our customers with integration and other technical issues.
You might be a good fit if you
- like writing code that produces visual output,
have knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns,
- have experience in shader programming language,
- have used gpus for general purpose data processing tasks,
- are experienced in data modelling,
- have a good understanding to abstract or recreate a given visual into code,
- have a passion for technology and design,
- have analytical thinking skills and are solution-oriented,
- have gather experience in either the gaming industry, demo scene and/or data visualization,
- are a lifelong learner and like to share your knowledge.
Also, you get bonus points if you
- have been using typed languages such as Typescript, C++, C# etc.,
We are open about technology choices, and we like to tinker with the new stuff.
Sounds just like the right company for you? Then we are looking forward meeting you. Apply now by clicking the application button, or sent you application directly to email@example.com.
You should include these in your application
- Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Twitter, etc).
- A description of your work history.
A write-up explaining who you are as a programmer. Sample questions you might want to address: How’d you get started? What Projects have you enjoyed working on? Which have you disliked? What motivates you? What surprising things have you learned?
What does our hiring process look like?
There is no such thing as a fixed hiring process here at img.ly. You don't have to write a classic application, and you certainly don't have to hand in any of your grades. Just let us know what makes you unique and what you'd like to do here. We'd love to see some projects you've been working on, code examples or designs so we can assess your knowledge status and get an impression of your modus operandi.
Once you sent us your material, we'll get back to you to set up a meeting so we can get to know each other. It is paramount to us that the people we hire convince us both professionally and personally, as our company is more than just a bunch of individuals that happen to sit in the same room whilst staring into their laptops. If both parties have the feeling to click, we will get back to you to clarify the terms, make you an offer and then eventually welcome you aboard.