Lead Client Developer - Game Services (f/m)
Kolibri Games is a mobile games company based in Berlin. Our two Games, ‘Idle Miner Tycoon’ and ‘Idle Factory Tycoon’ have already reached 50 million global downloads.
We want you to be part of our grand vision of becoming the most player-centric games developer in the world and to help us build a world-class tech company on the way.
We offer an autonomous studio comprising of self-motivated teams in a fast decision-making environment, allowing you to be truly impactful and develop professionally.
- A position in a brilliant team
- An organisation truly dedicated to getting things done as fast and elegantly as possible
- A competitive salary
- A modern workspace with state of the art tech
- The newest technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time
- Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert
- Full-time employees also get the chance to financially profit from our unique company share/stock option program
- Build up and lead a team focused on Game Services
- Act as a mentor to the developers in your team, managing and training them
- Ensure best practices around software development within the team
- Provide leadership in a fast-paced and agile team with short release cycles
- Manage project schedules and give time estimations for new feature development
- Identify possible technical issues within the project and communicate them clearly to the project stakeholders
- Work closely with key company stakeholders and be responsible for the overall planning, actioning and success of projects
- Enable the games to grow in the future by structuring the code for long-term support, by focusing on maintainability, scalability and quality within the code base of the project
- Provide feedback and improve on the software architecture
- Design, implement and maintain technical systems and frameworks to support the game
- Identify and profile performance issues and provide solutions to fix them
- Build robust SDKs for communication with backend services
- Integrate and maintain third party tools and provide clean interfaces to use them
- Communicate with main stakeholders
- Ability to lead and manage people
- Strong software design and architecture skills
- Awareness of, and ability to leverage industry best practices and solutions in order to apply the right solution for a given problem
- Software development experience in C#
- Strong expertise with automated testing
- Knowledge of Unity game engine and dependency injection frameworks for Unity is a plus
Why Join us?
- Team - A position in a driven and brilliant international team
- Rapid Development - An organisation truly dedicated to getting things done as fast and elegantly as possible
- Autonomy - We have a flat hierarchy and value people who take on responsibility, ownership and can contribute to our games from their first day
- Opportunity - We offer career progression, training and opportunities to impact a growing company. We regularly hire people with potential and have seen many interns and working students join us permanently
- Players - We’re aiming to be one of the most player centric companies in the world. Working on a live game ensure your work is seen by millions and you will gather rapid feedback from the players
- Training - A personal learning budget of €1,000+ to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding classes
- Studio - A modern workspace with state of the art tech, based in Berlin
- Equipment - The newest technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time - you get a new one every 2 years
- Food and Drinks - Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge; Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
- Health and Fitness - We pay €50 towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
- Competitive Salary - We believe that top performance should receive top payment
- Profit Share - Full-time employees also get the chance to financially profit from our unique company share/stock option program
- Relocation - Relocation support to help you move to Berlin
- Parties - Regular company parties to celebrate, including Summer, Christmas and key company milestones
- Team Events - We regularly have events like bowling, BBQ’s and Movie nights. This year we went to Tenerife for a company holiday!
- Wisdom and Waffles - Industry thought leaders join us to share their knowledge with the team
- Friday Celebrations - Company provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Kolibri Games is a vibrant games company. We want you to be part of our grand vision of becoming the most player-centric games developer and to help us build a world-class tech company on the way.
At Kolibri Games you will be joining a diverse team with a wide variety of experience, skills and cultural backgrounds. Here everybody can bring in ideas that directly affect millions of players worldwide. We believe in people, in strong self-motivated teams, in fast decision-making and empowering you to take charge through a supportive, learning-friendly atmosphere.
We work in a flat hierarchy with the opportunity for everybody to weigh in, no matter how many years of experience you bring. Every employee takes over their own projects from the first day, which ensures quick learnings, ownership and skill development. Our main title is 'Idle Miner Tycoon', one of the three most successful idle games worldwide with more than 50 million downloads and seven figure revenue per month. In April 2018 we launched our second game, 'Idle Factory Tycoon', which achieved over 4 million downloads in its first month and is about to replicate the success of our first game.
Due to this being an international studio, English is the spoken language. So please do remember to apply for this role in English. Thank you.
Hallesches Ufer 60