Head of Game Data (f/m/d)
Kolibri Games is a mobile games company based in Berlin. Our two Games, ‘Idle Miner Tycoon’ and ‘Idle Factory Tycoon’ have already reached 50 million global downloads.
We want you to be part of our grand vision of becoming the most player-centric games developer in the world and to help us build a world-class tech company on the way.
We offer an autonomous studio comprising of self-motivated teams in a fast decision-making environment, allowing you to be truly impactful and develop professionally.
We are currently looking to build our Data Team and would like someone to Lead the team helping to define our strategy and direction.
This is a greenfield role with the chance to truly shape and build out a data team in an already successful games studio, but we’re still only two years old. We’ve hit 50 million combined downloads across our games, we have over 1 billion events per month and regularly have 10 million Monthly active users. We have ambitious plans around growth and the data team is integral to our success, directly impacting our key decisions.
- Use your knowledge of data to define a data strategy across the company and help push the boundaries of what is possible with data
- Work across the game teams and liaise with the Product Leads to determine and define their data needs
- Build a world class Data team by defining the structure, business needs and building out key requirements as the key Hiring Manager for all data roles
- You will use your knowledge of data to help define the best practices and approaches around high level KPIs related to retention, revenue, events etc and help interpret this data
- Work with the Data Engineering team to help direct their efforts and be the key communicator between the main stakeholders in the company requiring data
- You will work with Product Managers to influence product development and strategy by gaining insights through analysis of patterns, relationships and trends across complex data sets, directly impacting the company and game revenue
- Work with the Product teams to gather key stakeholder requirements and build data tools to benefit the teams including dashboards
- Translate business needs into technical requirements and design AB testing frameworks around hypothesis, live events, retention, monetisation, engagement
- Using Data visualisation tools such as Looker to build dashboards for data insights
- Proven experience managing a team
- Ability to write complex queries using languages such as SQL
- Experience using Python
- Previous experience with AB testing
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker or similar
- Games industry experience with a strong understanding of the game and player market
- Knowledge of F2P games is ideal, specifically focused around mobile
Why Join us?
- Team - A position in a driven and brilliant international team
- Rapid Development - An organisation truly dedicated to getting things done as fast and elegantly as possible
- Autonomy - We have a flat hierarchy and value people who take on responsibility, ownership and can contribute to our games from their first day
- Opportunity - We offer career progression, training and opportunities to impact a growing company. We regularly hire people with potential and have seen many interns and working students join us permanently
- Players - We’re aiming to be one of the most player centric companies in the world. Working on a live game ensure your work is seen by millions and you will gather rapid feedback from the players
- Training - A personal learning budget of €1,000+ to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding classes
- Studio - A modern workspace with state of the art tech, based in Berlin
- Equipment - The newest technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time - you get a new one every 2 years
- Food and Drinks - Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge; Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
- Health and Fitness - We pay €50 towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
- Competitive Salary - We believe that top performance should receive top payment
- Profit Share - Full-time employees also get the chance to financially profit from our unique company share/stock option program
- Relocation - Relocation support to help you move to Berlin
- Parties - Regular company parties to celebrate, including Summer, Christmas and key company milestones
- Team Events - We regularly have events like bowling, BBQ’s and Movie nights. This year we went to Tenerife for a company holiday!
- Wisdom and Waffles - Industry thought leaders join us to share their knowledge with the team
- Friday Celebrations - Company provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Kolibri Games is a vibrant games company. We want you to be part of our grand vision of becoming the most player-centric games developer and to help us build a world-class tech company on the way.
At Kolibri Games you will be joining a diverse team with a wide variety of experience, skills and cultural backgrounds. Here everybody can bring in ideas that directly affect millions of players worldwide. We believe in people, in strong self-motivated teams, in fast decision-making and empowering you to take charge through a supportive, learning-friendly atmosphere.
We work in a flat hierarchy with the opportunity for everybody to weigh in, no matter how many years of experience you bring. Every employee takes over their own projects from the first day, which ensures quick learnings, ownership and skill development. Our main title is 'Idle Miner Tycoon', one of the three most successful idle games worldwide with more than 50 million downloads and seven figure revenue per month. In April 2018 we launched our second game, 'Idle Factory Tycoon', which achieved over 4 million downloads in its first month and is about to replicate the success of our first game.
Due to this being an international studio, English is the spoken language. So please do remember to apply for this role in English. Thank you.
Hallesches Ufer 60