Engineering Director (m/f)
In this cross-project function you will be a central point of contact for all technology-related issues. Therefore you will work closely with and be part of at least two teams. Both highly motivated and eager to share and discuss ideas, future technologies, or pizza with you. The latter maybe with some reservation...
- Define and be accountable for the technical standards, architecture and performance of the products, ensuring that the efforts of the engineering team are in sync with the studio or product vision and any core game pillars.
- Own the strategy for maintaining the robustness and technical viability of any products deployed or in development.
- Own the technical strategy for gathering development and production telemetry to drive the future improvement of products and processes.
- Have full awareness of the work that the engineering team is committed to.
- Provide hands-on support and dive deep into programming yourself when necessary.
- Provide technical feedback on the suitability of existing software solutions.
- Ensure that the game code team leads are kept up to date with key project decisions and directives.
- Collaborate with the Studio Development Director and Project Management team to ensure the engineering team is working within the defined scope of the product.
- Collaborate with external partners and where necessary engage in work activities out of the office.
- Be first point of contact for group IT and Engineering Leads of our sister studios.
- Bachelor/Master degree in computer/software engineering, electronics or related discipline
- 5+ years in a senior software engineering role
- Experience in the games industry, ideally working on console games
- A good understanding of business needs, technological trends and competitor activities
- Strong communication skills and proactive working attitude
- Very good English language skills, German language skills would be a plus
- Ideally a full stack background including the following technologies: Unreal Engine, C++
- Solid project management skills
- Here’s to you! Fresh fruit, free beverages and special conditions for gym membership
- Do it! Personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes
- The Unit! Open office, friendly atmosphere and with professionals always willing to lend a hand
- There you are! Centrally located, bright and modern offices where creativity flourishes
- Have Fun!Of course play some games along the way
- And what else!? Learn more about your new professional homebase
We are looking forward to your application. To give us a more extensive first impression of you, a substantial application will be appreciated. The minimum content should be a short motivation letter and your CV. If you have questions regarding the application just drop us an e-mail at email@example.com. An application via our online tool is preferred.