LOCALIZATION SPECIALIST - ENGLISH TO SPANISH (F/M)
GAMEVIL COM2US Europe GmbH provides localization, marketing, community management, customer support and game operations services for a wide selection of mobile games, published by our parent companies GAMEVIL and COM2US. We service all of Europe, Russia and the Middle East from our office in Berlin, Germany. Our group’s headquarters is located in Seoul, South Korea, with further international offices in the USA, Japan, China and Southeast Asia.
As a major mobile gaming publisher, our portfolio is diverse: Summoners War is a top-grossing mobile RPG, consistently ranking in the top-5 grossing charts in France and Germany. Talion is a mobile MMO with top-20 success in Japan, about to launch in the West. But we also work with major international licenses and IP: Major League Baseball and NBA are our partners, we have some of the best golf and fishing games in the market and are working together with developer Slightly Mad Studios on the mobile version of PROJECT CARS. We have also partnered with Activision and are developing the upcoming Skylanders: Ring of Heroes.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team as Localization Specialist English to Spanish. This is a full-time position based in Berlin, Germany, and available immediately.
- Translate and edit a variety of game-related materials from English into Spanish: in-game content, events, marketing/PR texts…
- Ensure consistency of style and terminology within translated contents
- Manage outsourcing of Spanish translation tasks if needed
- Perform linguistic QA by testing integrated translations in successive game versions
- Work closely with Berlin localization team, international team members in the USA (Los Angeles, California) / South Korea (Seoul), and international development teams, to ensure accuracy and integrity of translations
Experience and Skills required
- Excellent command of the Spanish language (grammar, phraseology, punctuation, colloquialisms) and very reliable understanding of the English language
- Previous experience in translation – ideally in video game localization or in fields involving creative writing style (entertainment, subtitling…)
- Gaming experience, familiarity with general video game terminology – Previous experience in video game testing or software testing would be an advantage.
- Experience using relevant CAT tools, especially MemoQ (e.g. import/export, management of tasks and reference documents) plus familiarity with Google Documents and Microsoft Office (macros, formulas…)
- Ability to work with regular, tight deadlines
- Good people skills, team player
- Familiarity with text-heavy games, role-playing, fantasy and sports subjects
- Command of additional languages (especially Korean or German) a big plus
What we offer
- Truly international working environment with a lot of autonomy
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Fresh fruit, drinks and coffee
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume with email title “Localization Specialist Spanish” to email@example.com.