This position is initially only for the duration of our prototype development phase, which will last no more than 6 months and will be a remote job; with the possibility of an extension for an additional 18-24 months when the full production commences.
As the Producer, you will be responsible for the efficient management of the members of the development team. You will oversee the advancement of the work and the attainment of production objectives as well as ensure high levels of motivation and commitment from team members.
Type of Position: part-time (30 hours/w) during the prototype phase (max. 6 months), with the option of extension (freelance).
The main and routine tasks of the Producer are to:
- Participate in defining the project deliverables and risks;
- Carry out the follow ups on the deliverables with the PM and production managers and provide the senior producer with information on the progress of the work on a regular basis;
- Coordinate, delegate, and ensure the organization of the work to be carried out;
- Suggest a plan of attack for any delays that could affect the content, schedule, or quality;
- Ensure proper bug management (bug reports, priorities, etc.);
- Ensure and coordinate the liaison for the marketing deliverables (demos, promotional events, product placement integration, etc.);
- Participate in promotional activities for the game.
- Participate in respecting and following up on the budget;
- Determine the purchasing needs for the project (e.g.: software, material).
- Identify human resource needs and ensure the creation and follow up of the hiring plan;
- Participate in selecting team members.
- Act as a coach for the team and provide regular feedback;
- Participate in determining training and development needs.
- Participate in the team’s performance assessment process;
- Take the necessary disciplinary measures during the first steps of the disciplinary process when necessary.
- Participate in the creation and development of the project’s organizational structure;
- Optimize and improve work methods;
- Organize team-building activities;
- Implement measures that foster communication within the team;
- Address difficult team situations (conflicts, communication issues, etc) and take the actions necessary to resolve them;
- Ensure communication between crafts and the producers;
- Resolve any problem that the team may encounter during production;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business administration or project management.
- Minimum 5-10+ years of relevant experience in management;
- Must have project management experience in Video Game development environment;
- Must have experience managing cross discipline teams of approx. 30-50 people;
- Ideally have shipped a minimum of 1 AAA game title in a project mgmt. role;
- Ideally had experience with GaaS and LiveOps.
- Influential leadership;
- Analytical and problem solving aptitude;
- Experience in recruiting and selecting;
- Capacity to analyze risk and make contingency plans;
- Be creative and innovative;
- Be an Excel whiz;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Experience with project management software;
- Be proactive, dynamic and diplomat;
- Result-oriented and work under-pressure;
- Excellent communication skills.
What can we offer you:
- Flexible work hours, for life/work balance;
- Results-oriented teamwork that values employee contribution and empowerment;
- International and diverse team.
Gamma Minus is a small and relatively new independent game development studio based in Paderborn, Germany.
Please submit your application via email to email@example.com making sure to include:
- Cover letter
- Current CV / Resume
Schulze-Delitzsch Strasse 24