Senior Narrative Designer (m/f/d) - 834906
As Narrative Designer you are responsible for creating canon, stories, plots and written content for a variety of game projects. Under the direction of the Lead or Senior Narrative Designer you will take ownership of assigned products in the Bigpoint and Yoozoo portfolio. Writing compelling English text to develop the game’s overall story and working closely with all relevant departments to create a consistent living world.
- Creating the overall story of a product while maintaining its vision.
- Writing compelling dialogue, within set time frames, for quests/missions; as well as descriptions for organizations, characters, items, new features, marketing etc. to create a coherent narrative context for the game, which is suitable for the target audience.
- Maintaining a consistent tone and voice within a game’s texts, while keeping its vision in mind.
- Becoming the product owner of assigned products, coordinating deputy Narrative Designers where necessary and cooperating closely with all relevant teams.
- Proofreading and editing game text and verifying its content, against design documentation.
- Directing and supporting any deputies (Associate or Junior Narrative Designers)
- Doing research, gathering information and creating relevant documentation.
- Emphasizing the user (player) benefits of new features, items, and special offers, with a strong understanding of Bigpoint/Yoozoo products and user monetization.
- Actively organizing, leading and participating in brainstorming sessions to define new narrative systems and ideas for future games, updates and identifying how the storylines can be extended as the game develops.
- Actively seeking and giving feedback, providing your work for peer review and rewriting and revising work based on that feedback.
- Collaborate with the Localization department to ensure delivery of the highest possible quality localization
- Manage the collaboration with external Narrative Designers and give feedback on their work results
- 5+ years in writing or Narrative Design for games
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills as well as a technical understanding of game development processes
- Able to create compelling content for use in an interactive world, using literary skills to develop believable worlds, themes, storylines, characters and plots. Able to craft a story that shows off the features that the game is built around
- Focused on creating narrative systems that engage the player and tell their story
- Able to quickly come up with creative ideas for storylines, characters and general content without prior preparation.
- Able to take full responsibility for decisions on a product, seeking guidance when necessary
- Able to organize, arrange and lead meetings with relevant departments discussing new story or narrative concepts
- Strong storytelling ability and excellent understanding what style of writing works best for which games and able to proofread and edit content
- Good understanding of Bigpoint/Yoozoo products and user monetization
- A strong team ethic, with the ability to work independently as required
- Avid gamer with a solid understanding of game development and game genres
- Able to plan, prioritize, multi-task and perform in a deadline-oriented environment
- Passion for games
- Fluent in written and spoken English