Senior Game Balancing Specialist (m/f/d) - 791725
Bigpoint is looking for a Game Balancing Specialist to work on our free to play titles. In this position you’ll have the opportunity to play a key role in building the next generation online games, played by millions of people across the world.
The ideal candidate will have experience in designing free to play games across multiple game genres but more specially in the Farm genre. You are not only an analytical minded person who can come up with suitable approaches to balance our games appropriately to a mass-market game, but you also have the ability to communicate your ideas clearly and concisely in both oral and written form. The Game Balancing Specialist will be responsible to support all our game designers to come up with well-balanced games to make our games a fun, fair and accessible experience to our users.
- Review, analyze, and provide critical feedback and support for designing, tuning, and balancing game systems, economies and progression across all our live games
- Build up tools and templates for our games to be able to automatize game balancing and economy optimizations
- Continually iterate, balance and tune features and gameplay based on feedback from the game teams, user testing and the broader payer community
- Create design docs, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, and any other necessary documents to communicate design functionality and vision
- Collaborate and support an extremely talented team of game designers to create addictive, compelling player experiences that will delight users for years
- Assist in developing and producing balancing concepts that are aligned with the projects direction
- Share game balancing knowledge across the team
- 6+ years of professional experience and success designing systems for mobile or PC based online games with engaged player communities, with complex in game economy (simulation type)
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on game design or comparable qualification
- Strong experience and expertise in the Farm genre
- Superb technical skills in balancing, tuning, polishing games, and developing monetization strategies
- Deep familiarity with free to play games
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to give and receive critical feedback while maintaining an emphasis on team collaboration.
- Rock solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- A strong desire to make the best games in the world
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Passion for games