Unreal Tech Artist (m/f/d)
You will be part of a highly talented team that works together with our sister studio DS Dambuster on one of Deep Silver’s top IPs. To us, the team is the star and we embrace flat hierarchies with a culture of cooperation and open feedback. Since the team is small you can assume ownership in your area of expertise and enjoy creative freedom.
Everyone at DS Fishlabs shares one common goal: to create a great experience on consoles and PC.
Join a relaxed environment where team members have the time to learn from each other, and everyone plays an important role in the development of our upcoming state of the art games.
And of course, if you come from abroad, you will benefit from our relocation support.
As a Technical Artist you play a key role in our game development process. You will be aligning the requirements from our tech and game design teams with the visual goals of the project.
- Assist and support Artists and Designers working with Unreal Engine 4
- Establish and maintain the art asset pipeline for Unreal Engine 4 projects
- Ensure that the high-quality bar established in the Art Direction is maintained and the game runs at defined frame-rates.
- Understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view
- Very good overall understanding of the Unreal package.
- At least 3 years of professional experience with the Unreal Engine.
- At least 1 published AAA title.
- Good understanding of the Unreal Engine 4 material system and PBR.
- Good understanding of Unreal Engine 4 lighting, particles and dynamics.
- Good understanding of Unreal Engine 4 Blueprints.
- Good understanding of Unreal Engine 4 profiling tools.
- Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
- English language- and very good communication skills are required.
- Unreal 4
- Substance Suite
- Scripting experience (Python, MaxScript) as well as experience working with consoles like XboxOne and Playstation4 would be beneficial.
- Experience with software such as SketchUp or ZBrush
- Technical background with hands-on experience in programming or visual scripting
- Academic degree or work experience in art, architecture, interior design or industrial design
- Experience with other engines and tools such as Unity 3D, CryEngine, Frostbite Engine and older versions of Unreal etc.
- An eye for cinematography
We are just as passionate about our games as we are about their creators (Could that be you?!). Your job comes with personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes. And most importantly - A motivated, international team full of fellow gamers.
The studio is located in a bright, modern office, right in the center of Hamburg. With a selection of benefits for all our staff: Including discounted gym membership, fresh fruit and a variety of free drinks. A healthy work-life balance is important to you? For us too! That’s why we are also awarded as a family-friendly workplace. Coming from abroad? No problem! We also offer relocation packages.
Sounds good? Take a look here: www.dsfishlabs.com
Did we spark your interest? We are looking forward to your application. Simply click here and apply with just one click by linking your LinkedIn Profile or uploading your CV.
If you have any further documents which you think might be worth sharing to underline your background and talents, we are happy to receive them as well. If you have questions regarding the application just drop us an e-mail at email@example.com. An application via our online tool is preferred.