Web Developer Backend (PHP) (m/f/d) - 834793
As Game Developer you will work on the backend of one of our most successful MMO games, Farmerama. With your expertise, you create an awesome gaming experience for our players.
Farmerama is a browser-based farming game with a wacky spin on the genre. Players can grow plants and trees, rear animals and take part in regular events, all displayed with cute and funny animations. The Farmerama team is open, friendly and welcoming. Everyone works together to make new events, introduce new features and make the game fun and long lasting. Regular team meetings keep everyone informed and up to date, and there are plenty of socials as well. The team works hard and plays hard, and prides itself on responding to player feedback in order to deliver the best game possible.
Sounds great? Then check if you’ve got the skills required and apply! We’re always looking to add perceptive, hard-working and friendly people to our family, so we can shoot for the stars and make the best product ever!
- Work on the backend of a high-quality MMO game
- Build and extend a game interface to various central services like authentication, payment, landing pages
- Create and maintain the codebase as well as work with developers from different departments
- Define requirements derived from game design documents and implement these
- Tackle larger tasks, plan and develop engineering solutions, specify and communicate these tasks
- Cooperate with Project Management, Game Design, Front end developers, Community Management and QA to ensure on-time high quality delivery
- Prioritize, multi-task and perform in a deadline oriented environment
- University degree in the fields of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or comparable qualification
- 3+ years of professional experience in developing video games and successfully worked on at least one shipped game
- Extensive practical knowledge of PHP in a professional environment with system design skills in a prototyping language
- Experience in web development technologies such as HTML5, CSS, HTTP, XHR, and WebSockets
- Advanced knowledge in working with frameworks and databases (e.g. MySQL)
- You are aware of XSS and other security concerns and how to protect against them
- Experience working with C#, Flash and Unity is a big plus
- Good problem analysis skills and ability to find simple, robust and efficient solutions for complex problems
- You are a team player who enjoys working with other departments on shared goals
- Passion for games
- Fluent in written and spoken English