Professor Game Programming (50 %, m/f/d)
The University of Applied Sciences Europe - Iserlohn, Berlin, Hamburg educates the designers and decision-makers of tomorrow in the fields of Business, Psychology, Media and Communication, Sports Management, Art and Design. It came into existence in 2017 after the merge of BTK University of Art & Design and BiTS University of Business Leadership. The university promotes the future-oriented development of skills and interdisciplinary teaching formats in step with actual practice and according to the highest international standards at locations in Iserlohn, Berlin and Hamburg. Through the interaction between creative, entrepreneurial and digital thinking, as well as an international perspective, the various fields of study mutually enrich each other and offer new approaches in teaching and research tailored to the requirements of Job Market 4.0.
We are searching for our faculty Art and Design at our location in Hamburg with the start of the winter semester 2019/2020 (temporary contract for 4 years with the possibility of extension)
Professor Game Programming (50%, m/f/d) (Bachelor of Arts Game Design)
- As the bridge between technology, game arts and game design, you train programmers with a strong design focus and support them in their work on projects.
- In the course Game Programming you will teach basics of computer science as well as the technical implementation of game designs by merging theoretical insights with artistictechnological practice.
- Part of your job is the committed participation in the expansion of the structures of the already existing study program, as well as the curricular conception of new and the further development of already existing study programs.
- The University of Applied Sciences Europe attaches particular importance to the willingness to initiate cooperations with partners from culture, science, industry and research.
- Applicants for the professorship must fulfill the requirements for admission according to §36 of the Higher Education Act NRW.
- In addition to proof of special aptitude for scientific work (usually through a PhD or comparable work as a designer) outstanding experience in the application or development of scientific or design knowledge and methods in at least five years of professional practice is required, of which at least three years outside the university must have been exercised.
- You understand interactive entertainment media in their full artistic and creative potential, their social and cultural relevance and you enjoy experimenting with their technological design.
- The University of Applied Sciences Europe places particular emphasis on pedagogical aptitude, vocational experience and quality of teaching.
- You are familiar with standard game engines like Unity and have successful developed game projects as a freelancer or part of a development team.
- A proven network with international or local partners is recommended.
- Furthermore you are fluent in the use of the english language for teaching and research purposes.
- A temporary employment contract for 4 years with the possibility of extension (20h / 9 SWS)
- A versatile, innovative and international work environment in cooperation with partner universities and cooperation partners
- 30 days holiday
- The opportunity of personal and professional development
The university strives to increase its share of female employees in research and teaching. Women are therefore preferably recruited in case of equivalent suitability, aptitude and professional performance. Applications of disabled people as per i. P. D. § 2 SGB IX are welcome.
Detailed applications with the usual documents are requested by 30.04.2019 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application documents should include an individual cover letter, curriculum vitae, qualification goals as well as a portfolio in which the own design work is documented.
Your contact for questions relate to the course:
Prof. Eric Jannot • Chairman of the appointment committee • email@example.com
Your contact for questions:
Lisa Schuldei • HR Department • firstname.lastname@example.org • Phone: 01736243347