Concept Artist (m/f/d)
Being part of a small but growing art team you will work in a positive and productive environment on a new state of the art 3D sci-fi-console-game. Collaboration and mutual feedback will help you to grow both on a professional as well as on a personal level.
Everyone at DS Fishlabs shares one common goal: to create a great visual experience on consoles.
In a relaxed environment where team members have the time to learn from each other, and everyone plays an important role in the development of our upcoming state of the art games. As a Concept Artist you will provide inspiration and conceptualize the game world.
And of course, if you come from abroad, you will benefit from our relocation support.
- Lay down the visual foundation for bizarre alien worlds, for fantastic space phenomena, and for disasters of galactic proportions.
- As the Sci-Fi connoisseur you are, it will be easy for you to design space stations, spaceships, interiors, characters and so on.
- See your work come to life in the Unreal Engine on Playstation4.
- Unleash your imagination, get inspired by blockbuster movies and add an epic and visceral mood to your Science Fiction concepts.
- Minimum 3+ years experience as a concept artist in the games industry
- Able to create rough sketches and detailed concept renderings
- Science Fiction enthusiast (has to be confident about the corresponding media backlog)
- Basic 3D knowledge (required for blockouts)
- Comfortable with realistic style
- Knowledge of image composition
- Observation and research skills
- Comfortable with iterative approach
- Ability to provide and accept feedback and adapt to change
Please provide a detailed breakdown of your work and clarify what you are responsible for.
Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
An art test might be required.
What we are looking for: Sci-Fi, Environments, Vehicles/Props, Moods, Sketches, Photobashing, 3D Blockouts, Characters
We are just as passionate about our games as we are about their creators (Could that be you?!). Your job comes with personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes. And most importantly - A motivated, international team full of fellow gamers.
The studio is located in a bright, modern office, right in the center of Hamburg. With a selection of benefits for all our staff: Including discounted gym membership, fresh fruit and a variety of free drinks. A healthy work-life balance is important to you? For us too! That’s why we are also awarded as a family-friendly workplace. Coming from abroad? No problem! We also offer relocation packages.
Sounds good? Take a look here: www.dsfishlabs.com
Did we spark your interest? We are looking forward to your application. Simply click here and apply with just one click by linking your LinkedIn Profile or uploading your CV.
If you have any further documents which you think might be worth sharing to underline your background and talents, we are happy to receive them as well. If you have questions regarding the application just drop us an e-mail at email@example.com. An application via our online tool is preferred.