Senior World Designer (m/f/d)
You will be part of a small World Design team that is working on a state-of-the-art 3D SciFi game in a positive and productive environment. Your team consists of Game Designers and Programmers who all share one common goal: To create an outstanding gaming experience in a vast and rich SciFi universe on consoles and PC.
- Conception of game ideas for a new, hitherto unannounced game
- Development of gameplay mechanics and systems
- Conception of world and level designs in cooperation with other team members and departments
- Devise creative solutions to gameplay and balancing issues
- Design and iterate balance of the games in-game economy
- Aggregation and evaluation of user feedback
- Produce and take ownership of design specs, balance spreadsheets, and other game documentation
- Creation of game design documents (GDDs) and vision statements
- At least 5 years of work experience as a Game Designer in the games industry
- Participation in all relevant phases and stages of the production of at least 2 finished and released video games
- Experience in envisioning, communicating and creating engaging game worlds
- Routine in design, maintenance and iteration complex game systems
- Routine in the creation and maintenance of game design documents
- Very good command of the English language (both written and spoken)
- High capacity for teamwork and excellent communication skills
- Seniority to guide colleagues from a GD standpoint and keep the game vision
- Self-contained way of working and high level of self-motivation
- A lot of creativity
- Experience in the development of console games
- Basic knowledge of project management and QA processes
- Basic knowledge of game and graphic engines and preferably professional production experience in Unreal 4.
We are just as passionate about our games as we are about their creators (Could that be you?!). Your job comes with personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes. And most importantly - A motivated, international team full of fellow gamers.
The studio is located in a bright, modern office, right in the center of Hamburg. With a selection of benefits for all our staff: Including discounted gym membership, fresh fruit and a variety of free drinks. A healthy work-life balance is important to you? For us too! That’s why we are also awarded as a family-friendly workplace. Coming from abroad? No problem! We also offer relocation packages.
Sounds good? Take a look here: www.dsfishlabs.com
Did we spark your interest? We are looking forward to your application. Simply click here and apply with just one click by linking your LinkedIn Profile or uploading your CV.
If you have any further documents which you think might be worth sharing to underline your background and talents, we are happy to receive them as well. If you have questions regarding the application just drop us an e-mail at email@example.com. An application via our online tool is preferred.