Are you passionate about languages and video games? Do you have an eye for detail and an excellent feel for language? Then come assist us in presenting our gaming community fantastic Chinese games in excellent English and/or German.
As a Chinese translator, you’ll be offered a position of responsibility and varied duties within our international localisation department. With over 16 million translated words per year and up to 40 different target languages, we are experts within the field of game localisation and look forward to enthusiastic support.
Tasks to inspire:
- You will translate Chinese games into English and/or German
- You will create guidelines for translation and will provide feedback for external translators
- You will be a point of contact for all queries regarding the Chinese source text
Qualifications to convince:
- You have completed studies, preferably within the field of translation or alternatively, you can show relevant professional experience
- You speak Chinese to a mother tongue level and have excellent knowledge of English and/or German
- You have a complete understanding of Chinese culture
- You love games and creative writing
- You are proficient with MS Office and ideally, you have experience using CAT tools
- You are open-minded, motivated and love working as part of a team
A company to connect:
- The informal atmosphere of a start-up company combined with over 10 years’ experience in one of the most creative and exciting industries
- A great working environment within a multi-cultural team
- A calm, appreciative way of working with each other
- The opportunity to reach millions of players in dozens of countries
With more than 20 titles and over 450 million registered players, Gameforge is the leading provider of free-to-play massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) in the western hemisphere. Headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, the group offers its online games in more than 75 countries. The portfolio encompasses numerous well-known game industry brands, including prized role-playing games Runes of Magic, AION Free-to-Play and TERA as well as Europe’s most successful MMO, Metin2. The action anime MMORPG SoulWorker adds to the wide-ranging collection, while popular browser-based games such as OGame and Ikariam complete their offering. More information available at http://corporate.gameforge.com/.
*No matter what gender, we’ re on the lookout for people with drive and talent.