The Shared Services Department is responsible for the central, high-availability platforms that use all Gameforge games. As part of our team, you will work on varied and challenging projects, including the development of new software and data management systems.
Tasks to inspire:
- Conception, implementation and support of our platforms, which connect game and business world with each other.
- New and further development of applications in the areas of e-commerce, ID management and services to ensure the operation of our games.
- Preparation of technical specifications for business requirements and derivation of suitable software architectures.
Qualifications to convince:
- Study of (business) computer science or several years of professional experience in a comparable training occupation (e.g. as an IT specialist in application development).
- Experience in building architectures for complex software systems (component thinking, software documentation etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of PHP (PHP7) and very good knowledge of SQL, preferably MySQL.
- Ideally relevant experience in modern PHP frameworks (Zend, Symfony, Laravel).
- Confident in handling modern web frameworks (AngularJS, jQuery).
- Deep understanding of software architectures and modern software development (OOP, design patterns, domain driven design, test driven development, etc.).
- Experience in building and handling automated environments (Docker, Ansible, Unit Tests, etc.).
- Independent and structured way of working.
- Distinct ability to communicate and work in a team.
- Great curiosity and willingness to familiarize oneself with new tools, technologies, but also with extensive external codes.
- Ideally relevant experience in project management.
A company to connect:
- A relaxed and mutually respectful environment.
- A dynamic working environment offering opportunities for personal development and for contributing ideas.
- The chance to mould your own working environment.
- Benefit from colleagues with many years’ experience in the industry.
- Free fruit and drinks – every day!.
- The ability to be flexible with working hours.
- A job in the “Tuscany of Germany” with 1691 hours of sunlight per year.
With more than 20 titles and over 450 million registered players, Gameforge is the leading provider of free-to-play massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) in the western hemisphere. Headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, the group offers its online games in more than 75 countries. The portfolio encompasses numerous well-known game industry brands, including prized role-playing games Runes of Magic, AION Free-to-Play and TERA as well as Europe’s most successful MMO, Metin2. The action anime MMORPG SoulWorker adds to the wide-ranging collection, while popular browser-based games such as OGame and Ikariam complete their offering. More information available at http://corporate.gameforge.com/.
*No matter what gender, we’ re on the lookout for people with drive and talent.
+49 721 354 808 244