2D Artist (f/m/d)
Three years ago in a student flat in Karlsruhe we dreamed of becoming the most player-centric games developer in the world. Fast forward to 2019: We’re now a team of more than 100 people in our studio in Kreuzberg, Berlin, and our two mobile games ‘Idle Miner Tycoon’ and ‘Idle Factory Tycoon’ have reached more than 100 million global downloads.
Our vision remains, and we want you to become a part of it! Help us in bringing joy to the people who love our games and join a company that has plenty of fun while doing so.
2D Artist (f/m/d)
We are looking for an experienced 2D Artist to join our art team. If coming up with creative concepts and efficiently creating high-quality art assets is what you are passionate about, then this is the right job for you.
You will work on our second game release, ‘Idle Factory Tycoon’, which has received an impressive 10 million downloads.
You will have professional experience working in-house as a 2D artist, preferably within the Games Industry. Reporting to Lead Artist, you’ll be working within a small team of artists, creating content for our game. You’ll receive the creative freedom to design assets and the opportunity to bring new ideas to the team.
- Conceptualize, design and produce a wide range of 2D graphics for our mobile game, 'Idle Factory Tycoon'
- Design and create character concepts and backgrounds for frequent in-game events
- Create high-quality UI and art assets for new game features
- Collaborate effectively with the rest of the art team
- Proactively support the 'Idle Factory Tycoon' team by offering creative ideas
- Minimum of 2 years experience working as a 2D Artist
- Excellent drawing & illustration skills
- Sound knowledge of 2D editing tools such as Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Well-organized, fast learner with an Agile approach to Design
- Team player comfortable with receiving feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Results oriented and passionate about games
- Prior experience in mobile games will be highly appreciated
- Knowledge of Spine Animations or similar software is a plus
- Experience with Unity 3D, Jira or Trello will be considered an asset
- Prior experience with Git Version Control Software
Your Benefits – We’re game to support you:
- Profit Share - Full-time employees get to financially profit from our company share/stock option program
- Competitive Salary - We believe that top performers should receive top payment
- Training Budget - We believe in learning. A generous personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding and German classes
- Equipment - The newest technical equipment, including laptops and phones of your choice, which may also be used in your free time
- Health and Fitness - We pay €50 towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
- Relocation - Relocation support to help you move to Berlin
- Pension - Opportunity to save for your pension tax-free
Bonus Level – We love to have a good time, too:
- Food and Drinks - Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge with Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
- Parties and Team Events - Apart from our regular parties, BBQ’s and movie nights we also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun
- Company Holidays - To celebrate a key company milestone we went to Tenerife on a company holiday - and this year we are going to Greece!
- Friday Celebrations - Company provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Hallesches Ufer 60