DevOps Engineer (f/m/d)
Three years ago in a student flat in Karlsruhe we dreamed of becoming the most player-centric games developer in the world. Fast forward to 2019: We’re now a team of more than 100 people in our studio in Kreuzberg, Berlin, and our two mobile games ‘Idle Miner Tycoon’ and ‘Idle Factory Tycoon’ have reached more than 100 million global downloads.
Our vision remains, and we want you to become a part of it! Help us in bringing joy to the people who love our games and join a company that has plenty of fun while doing so.
DevOps Engineer (f/m/d)
We are looking for a passionate engineer, whose skill set is combining the best of both development and IT operations, to join our IT Infrastructure team. You will be responsible for taking the infrastructure of a fast-growing startup to the next level. Ideally, you already have 1-2 years of experience with working as either a DevOps Engineer or full-stack developer in an agile environment.
Reporting to our Head of IT Infrastructure, you will work as part of a small, young, and passionate team which is eager to learn and adapt to new ideas and technologies. You will have the chance to play a key role in the decision-making process and, hence, put your experience into practice.
- Build and maintain CI / CD pipelines so our game developers do not need to worry about build or deployment processes
- Identify repetitive and tedious tasks and design solutions for streamlining them to make work more comfortable and efficient - for everyone
- Develop our system architecture to the next level by increasing performance, reliability, and scalability
- Work closely together with other teams in the company to create new tools for enhancing their workflows
- Use your experience to participate in strategic decisions and coach other members in the team
- You have at least one year of experience in the field of DevOps
- You are proactive, self-directed and organized
- You are aware of industry best practices and have the ability to apply the right solution for a given problem
- You have in-depth experience with Jenkins or a similar CI/CD framework
- You are fluent in C# or another general-purpose programming language and are familiar with software architecture and design patterns
- You feel comfortable with the command line and know Linux well - GUIs are optional for you
- You speak Kubernetes and it is your choice for deploying microservices
- You have a basic understanding of how to develop and deploy mobile apps
- You have worked with Unity and know about serialization and the asset workflow
- You are familiar with either Azure, AWS, or GCP
Your Benefits – We’re game to support you:
- Profit Share - Full-time employees get to financially profit from our company share/stock option program
- Competitive Salary - We believe that top performers should receive top payment
- Training Budget - We believe in learning. A generous personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding and German classes
- Equipment - The newest technical equipment, including laptops and phones of your choice, which may also be used in your free time
- Health and Fitness - We pay €50 towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
- Relocation - Relocation support to help you move to Berlin
- Pension - Opportunity to save for your pension tax-free
Bonus Level – We love to have a good time, too:
- Food and Drinks - Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge with Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
- Parties and Team Events - Apart from our regular parties, BBQ’s and movie nights we also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun
- Company Holidays - To celebrate a key company milestone we went to Tenerife on a company holiday - and this year we are going to Greece!
- Friday Celebrations - Company provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Hallesches Ufer 60