Senior Software Engineer (PHP) (m/f/d)
Freaks 4U Gaming GmbH is a 360°-marketing agency specialized in targeting PC and console gamers worldwide. Besides its agency business, the company is a pioneer in online and TV influencing, managing its own original web services such as joinDOTA, 99Damage, and Summoner's Inn as well as producing YouTube and TV formats that reach audiences of millions. Currently, Freaks 4U Gaming employs more than 190 people at its headquarters in Berlin and the branch offices in Taipei, Taiwan, Irvine, USA, Niš, Serbia and Paris, France. At the end of 2017, the German print magazine FOCUS chose Freaks 4U Gaming as one of the best midsized employers going into 2018.
- Consult: Together with our product and design/frontend teams you'll develop new features and changes to our existing website systems and new systems in the future
- Coding: In coordination with our product and design/frontend teams you'll be responsible for the backend implementations in Node.js
- Optimise: Enhance, clean and maintain existing software in various areas
- Process: No one’s perfect. Help us build solid, efficient processes for future projects and enhance our current ones
- Challenge: Work on some of the biggest websites in the industry, aiming for the highest uptime and speed possible
- Documentation: Properly structure and create documentation about source-code and logics
- You have successfully completed a form of higher education or have an equivalent degree in the Software Engineering/CS field and gained at least 2-3 years experience in backend development in the environment of high-traffic and high-availability website systems.
- You have an excellent understanding of secure development practices and web security (i.e. Encryption, SQL injection, XSS, CSRF etc.)
- You have a good understanding of proficient database management, optimization and usage with Node.js (we use MySQL/MariaDB and MongoDB)
- Familiarity in code-structuring and -versioning (we use Git)
- You get bonus points for experience with PHP, Node.js on UDP base, basic knowledge about Linux systems and maintenance (Debian) and experience with Gaming/Esport or other competitive sport products
Why us ?
- You work in an international team with flat hierarchies and quick decision-making processes
- You enjoy an open corporate culture and flexible time management
- You are a part of a future-oriented company in gaming and esports
- You have a fully equipped modern kitchen (including coffee, tea, water, fruits) at your disposal
- You can team up with and play together with your colleagues online after work
(2x 1 Gbit/s Fiber Links avg. 8ms Google Ping)
- There is a free car parking at your disposal and Spandau's old town is only a 5-minute walk away
We are looking forward to receiving your full application, preferably via email in a PDF format, containing a letter of motivation, CV, credentials as well as your start date (please no zip or Word files).
Your contact person is Josefin Karg.
Additionally, we would be interested in receiving a creative gaming CV.
Have questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Freaks 4U Gaming GmbH / An der Spreeschanze 10 / 13599 Berlin www.freaks4u.de
An der Spreeschanze, 10