Game Designer (Combat Design) (m/f/d)
You will be part of a small Combat Design team that is working on a state-of-the-art 3D SciFi game in a positive and productive environment. Your team consists of Game Designers and Programmers who all share one common goal: To create an outstanding gaming experience on consoles and PC with thrilling combat encounters that will leave the players having to make strategic decisions and act fast.
- Conception of game ideas for a new, hitherto unannounced game
- Creation of game design documents (GDDs) and vision statements
- Devise creative solutions to gameplay and balancing issues
- Development of action gameplay mechanisms and combat systems
- Conception of level designs and user interfaces in cooperation with other team members and departments
- Aggregation and evaluation of user feedback
- Produce and take ownership of design specs, balance spreadsheets, and other game documentation
- At least 3 years of work experience as a Game Designer in the games industry
- Participation in all relevant phases and stages of the production of at least 1 finished and released video game
- Routine in the creation and maintenance of game design documents
- Experience in designing complex systems
- Very good command of the English language (both written and spoken)
- High capacity for teamwork and excellent communication skills
- Self-contained way of working and high level of self-motivation
- A lot of creativity
- Experience in the development of console games
- Practical knowledge of interaction and screen design
- Basic knowledge of project management and QA processes
- Basic knowledge of game and graphic engines
We are just as passionate about our games as we are about their creators (Could that be you?!). Your job comes with personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes. And most importantly - A motivated, international team full of fellow gamers.
The studio is located in a bright, modern office, right in the center of Hamburg. With a selection of benefits for all our staff: Including discounted gym membership, fresh fruit and a variety of free drinks. A healthy work-life balance is important to you? For us too! That’s why we are also awarded as a family-friendly workplace. Coming from abroad? No problem! We also offer relocation packages.
Sounds good? Take a look here: www.dsfishlabs.com
Did we spark your interest? We are looking forward to your application. Simply click here and apply with just one click by linking your LinkedIn Profile or uploading your CV.
If you have any further documents which you think might be worth sharing to underline your background and talents, we are happy to receive them as well. If you have questions regarding the application just drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. An application via our online tool is preferred.