Game Designer Intern (f/m/d)
Three years ago in a student flat in Karlsruhe we dreamed of becoming the most player-centric games developer in the world. Fast forward to 2019: We’re now a team of more than 100 people in our studio in Kreuzberg, Berlin, and our two mobile games ‘Idle Miner Tycoon’ and ‘Idle Factory Tycoon’ have reached more than 100 million global downloads.
Our vision remains, and we want you to become a part of it! Help us in bringing joy to the people who love our games and join a company that has plenty of fun while doing so.
Game Designer Intern (f/m/d)
Kolibri Games is looking for an intern to join us and work on ‘Idle Factory Tycoon’. You will be part of the team from the first day, working on a live project. We offer you lots of autonomy, the chance to impact a popular game and work on features for a game played by millions of players each month.
We are looking for someone who loves playing our games or Idle Games, is strong with numbers, data or math and can work within a Spreadsheet.
If you are studying or you recently graduated from any of the following courses or something similar, we’d love to hear from you; Computer Science, Informatics, Computer Games programming, Physics, Data Analysis, Game Design.
This is a paid internship with the potential to join the company full-time after your internship.
- Define the games vision and feature set in collaboration with our motivated team
- Create compelling idle game systems including data structures
- Balance in-game economy values, working within Excel
- Implement & improve our monetization features
- Work in a fast and agile development process with weekly updates
- Research & stay up to date with other mobile / idle games
- Strong analytical & mathematical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of mobile games and ideally the Idle Game Genre
- Great communication skills, with the ability to work within a team
- Interest / experience in game design, preferably F2P mobile games is a plus, but not essential
Your Benefits – We’re game to support you
- Competitive Salary - We believe that top performers should receive top payment
- Training Budget - We believe in learning. A generous personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding and German classes
- Equipment - The newest technical equipment, including laptops and phones of your choice, which may also be used in your free time
- Health and Fitness - We pay €50 towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
- Pension - Opportunity to save for your pension tax-free
Bonus Level – We love to have a good time, too
- Food and Drinks - Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge with Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
- Parties and Team Events - Apart from our regular parties, BBQ’s and movie nights we also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun
- Company Holidays - To celebrate a key company milestone we went to Tenerife on a company holiday - and this year we are going to Greece!
- Friday Celebrations - Company-provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Hallesches Ufer 60