Sound Designer (m/f/d)
About Daedalic Entertainment:
Daedalic Entertainment publishes and develops high-quality games for all platforms. The company has a diverse line-up of high-quality titles, including classic adventures, RPGs, and strategy and multiplayer games. With more than 80 employees, Daedalic is currently developing a new line-up of innovative games across consoles, PC and mobile platforms.
Among the AAA titles in production at the studio are the team-RTS A Year of Rain , as well as The Lord of the Rings – Gollum (multiplatform). A Year of Rain combines classical elements like base-building and a comprehensive story campaign with hero-focused and team-oriented gameplay. The Lord of the Rings – Gollum is an action-adventure that tells the story of Gollum from a perspective never witnessed before in any storytelling media, all the while staying faithful to the legendary books of J.R.R. Tolkien.
Based in Hamburg, Germany, Daedalic is one of Europe’s most acclaimed publishers and developers. With a total of 32 awards in the German Developers Award (including multiple accolades for “Studio of the Year”) and twelve German Computer Game Awards for genre-defining games such as Deponia, Edna & Harvey, Silence, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth, The Long Journey Home, and State of Mind, Daedalic is a record holder for the two most prestigious games awards in Germany.
- Experience of sound design for 3D action games
- Strong portfolio with both enviromental/ambient sounds and action/event driven sounds examples
- Experience with in-Engine spatialization, reverberation and audio occlusion
- Great communication and documentation skills
- Familiar with Unreal Engine 4 sound implementation techniques
- Basics scripting skills
- Basic knowledge in fmod and/or wwise frameworks
- Very sophisticated and diversified tasks in an international-oriented company
- Exciting and responsible work with a wide scope for creativity within a friendly and open-minded team
- Extensive development opportunities
- You have the chance to actively co-design the everyday work and to advance the company’s success
- Design and oversee creation of an epic sound environment for a 3D adventure games with stealth and parkour elements and a heavy focus on the very personal psychological story of our main character. Immerse players deep into the game world and the conflicting feelings of it's protagonist.
Are you up to this challenge and would like to hone your skills and learn something new?
In that case, please send your application referenced “SD“, including all relevant data (cover letter, CV, credentials, work sample, earliest availability, salary expectation) in one PDF-file (max. 5MB) to email@example.com.Contact: Iris Wolfer