Linux System Administrator (m/f/d) Esport
Your Gateway into the Gaming Industry
Freaks 4U Gaming GmbH is a 360°-marketing agency specialized in targeting PC and console gamers worldwide. Besides its agency business, the company is a pioneer in online and TV influencing, managing its own original web services such as joinDOTA, 99Damage and Summoner’s Inn as well as producing YouTube and TV formats that reach audiences of millions. Currently, Freaks 4U Gaming employs more than 190 people at its headquarters in Berlin and the branch offices in Cologne (Germany), Taipei (Taiwan), Irvine (USA), Paris (France) and Niš (Serbia). At the end of 2017, the German print magazine FOCUS chose Freaks 4U Gaming as one of the best midsized employers going into 2018.
- You will be responsible for the monitoring of our infrastructure, the performance analysis and the evaluation of our log files for our troubleshooting
- You will design, realise and maintain our IT systems in our high-availability solution for national and international site networking
- You will create and edit documentations especially focused on system surveillance and error analysis
- You will regularly configurate, optimise and administrate our server services (SQL/NoSQL database, nginx, PHP, Postfix)
- You will also deal with the fields network and storage
- You will cooperate with our software engineers and ensure the sustainability and operation of our cloud infrastructure
- You have at least two years work experience in IT especially in the field of server and infrastructure and ideally gained a degree in computer science
- You possess profound knowledge about the operation and administration of the LAMP-Stack.
- You have a very good understanding of SQL, web servers, monitoring solutions, Git and Debian
- You had the chance to gain first-hand experience in the troubleshooting of server, network and virtualization environments
- You are familiar with virtualization solutions, especially with LXC-containers
- You have basic scripting skills (Shell, Python, PHP). IT Security skills are considered a bonus
- You are fluent in German, you have solid English skills and excellent communication skills
- You are not afraid to take charge and you think in solutions rather than problems
- Your work ethic is shaped by your ambition, resilience and how you consistently give 100%
- Passion for Gaming and Esports is a plus
Why us ?
- You will work in an international team with flat hierarchies and quick decision-making processes
- You can enjoy an open corporate culture and flexible time management
- You will be a part of a future-oriented company in gaming and esports
- You will have a fully equipped modern kitchen (including coffee, tea, water, fruits) at your disposal
- You can team up with and play together with your colleagues online after work
(2x 1 Gbit/s Fiber Links)
- There is free car parking at your disposal and Spandau's old town is only a 5-minute walk away
We are looking forward to receiving your full application, preferably via email in a PDF format, containing a letter of motivation, CV, credentials as well as your start date (please no zip or Word files).
Your contact person is Josefin Karg.
Additionally, we would be interested in receiving a creative gaming CV.
Have any questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Freaks 4U Gaming GmbH / An der Spreeschanze 10 / 13599 Berlin
An der Spreeschanze, 10