(Senior) Unity Developer
You are interested in joining us as a (Senior) Unity Developer starting earliest in Spring or Summer 2020? Please let us know by sending your application! Our agile, cross-functional and international development teams are interested in hiring passionate, talented and experienced new colleagues who are already planning their next career step in time.
As a (Senior) Unity Developer in one of our teams you will be able to influence strategically our InnoGames' way of Game Development, drive the development of new games and game features in the mid-term or simply improve the current code as well as the team collaboration on an operational level. Your initiative is always welcome!
- Conception and development of mobile apps for our games, based on C# and Unity3D
- Continuous refinement and optimization of existing mobile apps
- Conception of APIs, tools, and workflows to optimize the interdisciplinary work
- Ensuring a high product quality, together with Quality Assurance by writing automated tests
- Refactor, optimize and improve the existing codebase for maintenance and scale
- Foster a culture of sharing knowledge, best practices and standards
- Improve not only the product quality but also the quality of work within the team (rework needed)
- Identify issues, communicating it and bring up solutions
- Pragmatic and solution-oriented style of work
- Multiple years of professional experience in using Unity in a Game/Software Development environment
- Very good knowledge in applying the MV* pattern and using Dependency Injection as well as object-oriented programming in C#
- Excellent understanding of Software architecture and design
- Experiences maintaining CI (e.g. Jenkins, Multipipeline, Fastlane and groovy)
- Experiences writing automation tests (unit-, functional-, integration tests)
- Deep understanding of mobile platforms and their performance optimization (e.g. profiling in xCode and other Unity tools)
- Professional experience in agile software development (e.g. SCRUM or Kanban)
- Able to maintain and optimize shaders using GLSL, HLSL or Cg
- Experience in the development and optimization of UI (e.g. using uGUI or nGUI)
- Understanding the art pipeline of a game development process
- Confident to communicate in English
- Self-driven to continuously learn and improve
- Passion for computer games and the games industry
- Beneficial: Degree in computer science or business/ media information technology or comparable professional experience is a plus
Why join us?
- You’ll work in a multicultural agile team – enabling you and your team to form and actively optimize work processes
- Our company language is English, and we support all our employees and their partners with optional German lessons
- You can set up your workspace as you wish: Mac, Linux or Windows, two or more monitors, a free choice of IDE as well as other software
- You will feel comfortable in an atmosphere to empower creative thinking and strong results while earning a competitive compensation
- You can take creative breaks: play table tennis with your team, play on our arcade machines, work out in our gym or simply go to our roof terrace to get some fresh air
- We actively support your personal development, pay for any necessary textbooks and we offer the opportunity to attend Video Game conferences
- We provide you with a mobile device (e.g. iPhone or iPad) for private use
- We help you relocate to Hamburg
- We contribute to your public transport ticket and subsidies contributions to the company pension plan
- We offer free drinks and fresh fruit to contribute to your health and wellbeing
- We have regular team events (e.g. curling, cooking, paintball), barbecue together on our roof terrace and a company-organized after work get together every Thursday
- We offer trust-based working times in a modern office in the center of Hamburg
- We have fun at work!
Would you like to become part of a dynamic team and work as a (Senior) Unity Developer with us? We look forward to receiving your application as well as your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date through our online application form at innogames.com. Your contact person for this job offer is Maximilian Kaeding.
InnoGames is Germany’s leading developer and publisher of mobile and online games. The company based in Hamburg is best known for Forge of Empires, Elvenar and Tribal Wars. InnoGames’ first mobile title Warlords of Aternum is a fantasy turn-based strategy game. InnoGames’ complete portfolio encompasses seven live games and several mobile titles in production.
Born as a hobby, InnoGames today has a team of 400 employees from more than 30 nations who share the passion of creating unique games that players across the globe enjoy for years. In order to further expand our success and to realize new projects, we are constantly looking for young talents, experienced professionals, and creative thinkers.