Junior Game Designer - Tribal Wars
Since 2003 our game Tribal Wars has been delivering an extraordinary Strategy MMO experience to its players and community. Assist us in upholding this tradition and bringing Innovation to a retro game which has become loved from the first sight for millions of players! Sounds exciting?
We offer you the chance to join our international cross-functional team as a Junior Game Designer and become part of our talented Game Design society at InnoGames! You will be responsible for designing unique game content as well as balancing of a complex in-game economy, being the link between numbers and a great player experience.
- Evaluate, iterate and design game features
- Develop, change and maintain the game´s balancing
- Work cooperatively within an agile and multi-disciplinary team environment
- Cooperate closely with the leadership team (product and community management)
- Be up-to-date on new trends and practices in the games industry
- You are passionate about playing and designing free-to-play strategy games
- You understand free-to-play game mechanics and game economics
- You gained first experiences in the gaming industry
- You did your research about the free-to-play market
- You are interested in deconstructing free-to-play games
- You are skilled in modelling fun and simple game features
- You understand the importance of elegant UI in a menu-driven game
- You are motivated to create a great user experience
- You understand the importance of well-documented designs and technical features
- You communicate professionally in an English-speaking working environment
- You think creatively, analytically and sometimes out-of-the-box
- You are educated in a relevant area (Game Design, Computer Science, Psychology, Analytics etc.)
- You want to become a better Game Designer day-by-day
- You are experienced in shaping game features, balancing and monetization based on metrics
- You know how to design meaningful multiplayer features
- You have already scripted and integrated content into successful games
- You gained first experiences in Game Development, e.g. using Unity/Unreal and C#/C++/JS/AS
Why join us?
- You can shape the success story of InnoGames with a great team of driven experts
- You’ll work in a multicultural agile team – enabling you and your team to form and actively optimize work processes
- Our company language is English, and we support all our employees and their partners with optional German lessons
- You will feel comfortable in an atmosphere to empower creative thinking and strong results while earning a competitive compensation
- You can take creative breaks: play table tennis with your team, play on our arcade machines, work out in our gym or simply go to our roof terrace to get some fresh air
- We actively support your personal development, pay for any necessary textbooks and we offer the opportunity to attend Video Game conferences
- We provide you with a mobile device (e.g. iPhone or iPad) for private use
- We help you relocate to Hamburg
- We contribute to your public transport ticket and subsidies contributions to the company pension plan
- We offer free drinks and fresh fruit to contribute to your health and wellbeing
- We have regular team events (e.g. curling, cooking, paintball), barbecue together on our roof terrace and a company-organized after work get together every Thursday
- We offer trust-based working times in a modern office in the center of Hamburg
- We have fun at work!
Excited to start your journey with InnoGames and join our dynamic team as a Junior Game Designer? We look forward to receiving your application as well as your salary expectations and earliest possible start date through our online application form. Maximilian Kaeding would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Born as a hobby, InnoGames today has a team of 400 employees from more than 30 nations who share the passion of creating unique games that players across the globe enjoy for years. In order to further expand our success and to realize new projects, we are constantly looking for young talents, experienced professionals, and creative thinkers.