Front End Developer (m/f/d) – in the gaming and esports industry
Your Gateway into the Gaming Industry
Freaks 4U Gaming GmbH is a 360°-marketing agency specialized in targeting PC and console gamers worldwide. Besides its agency business, the company is a pioneer in online and TV influencing, managing its own original web services such as joinDOTA, 99Damage and Summoner’s Inn as well as producing YouTube and TV formats that reach audiences of millions. Currently, Freaks 4U Gaming employs more than 190 people at its headquarters in Berlin and the branch offices in Cologne (Germany), Taipei (Taiwan), Irvine (USA), Paris (France) and Niš (Serbia). At the end of 2017, the German print magazine FOCUS chose Freaks 4U Gaming as one of the best midsized employers going into 2018.
- Coding: You’ll contribute code to projects using PHP, SQL, HTML, CSS, and JS
- QA: You will perform code reviews from your team including HTML/CSS from designers
- Optimise: You will keep the code of complex products clean and well structured, enforcing guidelines and avoiding redundancies or inconsistencies
- Process: Help us build solid and efficient processes for future projects and enhance our current ones
- Documentation: You will properly structure and create documentation about source code and guidelines
- You’ve successfully finished high school and have at least 2 years’ (or more) relevant work experience as a web developer. Ideally you have a degree in Computer Science/ Software Engineering/ Mathematics along with initial experience within the gaming and esports industry
- You are highly proficient in HTML5 and CSS3 and are up to date on the latest standards
- You are experienced in Bootstrap or similar front end frameworks; you have a proven track record in SASS or similar CSS preprocessors, and you know your way around Git
- You have a basic understanding of UX Design
- You are fluent in English, are diligent and you work in a problem-solving manner
- Bonus points for experience with modern JS frameworks (React, Angular, Vue) and Smarty (or similar template engines)
- You’ll work in an international team with flat hierarchies and quick decision-making processes
- You’ll enjoy an open corporate culture and flexible time management
- You’ll be part of a future-oriented company in gaming and esports
- You’ll have a fully equipped modern kitchen (including coffee, tea, water, fruit) at your disposal
- You can team up with and play together with your colleagues online after work
(2x 1 Gbit/s Fibre Links)
- There is free car parking at your disposal and Spandau's old town is only a 5-minute walk away
We are looking forward to receiving your full application, preferably via email in a PDF format, containing a letter of motivation, CV, credentials as well as your start date (please no zip or Word files).
Your contact person is Josefin Karg.
Additionally, we’d be interested in receiving a creative gaming CV.
Any questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Freaks 4U Gaming GmbH / An der Spreeschanze 10 / 13599 Berlin
An der Spreeschanze, 10