Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist*
Karlsruhe | full-time | from now
We are Gameforge, one of the leading publishers of free-to-play online games based in Karlsruhe, Germany. Would you like to work in our team of QA Specialists sharing a strong passion for gaming? As Senior QA Specialist you test all aspects of a game or an internal tool in order to achieve the desired overall quality and bug-free gaming fun. You are an engaged gamer who likes to work hard finding all the issues in a game or tool.
Please submit your application in English
- You create test plans and test cases with the help of the corresponding documentation
- You analyze test requirements to identify uncertainties and deficiencies early on and prevent future bugs
- You identify, categorize and report errors during the execution of test plans
- You report test progress and results regularly to all parties involved
- You create a risk assessment and give the release recommendation after final testing
- You mentor less experienced QA Specialists
- You have a proven track record of at least 3 years as QA in the software or games industry. ISTQB certification is a bonus.
- You have in-depth technical knowledge to understand requirement documents and thereby define the scope and strategy of tests
- You have solid knowledge in a scripting or programming language, in bug tracking software (e.g. JIRA), in databases (e.g. MYSQL, MSSQL) and test management tools (e.g. Testrail)
- You have strong skills in the areas of communication, work structuring and problem-solving
- You know how to handle complex tasks without losing your cool
- You keep a cool head and can easily adjust to changing situations and modify existing processes
Your Gameforge setting
- An international company awaits you! English is our company language, as employees from over 25 nations are part of our team
- When it comes to food, we’ve got you covered. Free breakfast and a selection of lunches every day. Plus Thursday is cake day (no lie!)
- Family is number one! Flexible working hours, a parent/child working room and more
- We have full transparency at Gameforge! We all share our ideas because everyone has potential
With more than 20 titles and over 450 million registered players, Gameforge is the leading provider of free-to-play massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) in the western hemisphere. Headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, the group offers its online games in more than 75 countries. The portfolio encompasses numerous well-known game industry brands, including prized role-playing games Runes of Magic, AION Free-to-Play and TERA as well as Europe’s most successful MMO, Metin2. The action anime MMORPG SoulWorker adds to the wide-ranging collection, while popular browser-based games such as OGame and Ikariam complete their offering. More information available at http://corporate.gameforge.com/.
*No matter what gender, we’ re on the lookout for people with drive and talent.
+49 721 354 808 244