(Senior) Security Engineer
As Security Engineer at InnoGames you will be responsible for auditing, testing and adapting the security systems of our games and our infrastructure. No worries, you won’t be on your own: You will join our experienced Security Engineer who is looking forward to team up. The two of you will improve and maintain the company’s technical security and, of course, you will work closely with all departments to reduce risks of security incidents.
- You hack all the things!
- You perform internal security audits and penetration tests to discover new weaknesses
- You guide internal teams in security-related topics
- You ensure security requirements are useful and appreciated within the company
- You maintain security standards, guidelines and processes for our systems and infrastructure
- You review vulnerability reports submitted through our bug bounty program
- You participate in designing and reviewing security concepts (new systems, services and applications)
- You develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- You perform awareness trainings and workshops
- You coordinate external compliance requirements such as PCI DSS
- You are experienced preventing different forms of vulnerability across different technologies (e.g. buffer overflows, cross-site scripting)
- You are offering good knowledge of web security mechanisms (Same Origin Policy, CORS etc.)
- You are used to (or at least capable of) communicating and presenting in English (verbal and written)
In addition, you bring some of the following nice-to-have’s
- Experience in developing and testing web applications
- Experience in administrating application servers and computer networks
- Interest to research new technologies
- Certificates like GPEN or OSCP
- Participation in a bug bounty program or CTF
Why join us?
- You’ll work in a multicultural team – enabling you to form and actively optimize work processes
- We actively support personal development, pay for any necessary textbooks as well as sending you to Developer conferences
- You can set up your workspace as you wish: Mac, Linux or Windows, two or more monitors, a free choice of IDE as well as other software
- We provide you with a mobile device (e.g. iPhone or iPad) for private use
- You can take creative breaks: play table tennis with your team, play on our arcade machines, work out in our gym or simply go to our rooftop terrace to get some fresh air
- We contribute to your public transportation ticket and subsidize contributions to the company pension plan
- We offer free drinks and fresh fruit to contribute to your health and wellbeing
- We have regular team events (e.g. curling, cooking, paintball), barbecue together on our rooftop terrace and a company-organized after work get together every Thursday
- We offer trust-based working times in a modern office in the center of Hamburg
- Our company language is English, and we support all our employees and their partners with optional German lessons
- We help you relocate to Hamburg
- We have fun at work!
Are you excited to start your journey with InnoGames and join our dynamic team as a Security Engineer? We look forward to receiving your application (cover letter & CV) as well as your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date through our online application form. Maximilian Kaeding would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Apply and #stayhome! Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we switched our operations company-wide to home office and turned our hiring process into a fully virtual one. When hiring, we are also open for our new team members starting their work remotely at the time being or adjusting contract start dates accordingly. Stay home and safe!
InnoGames is Germany’s leading developer and publisher of mobile and online games. The company based in Hamburg is best known for Forge of Empires, Elvenar and Tribal Wars. InnoGames’ complete portfolio encompasses seven live games and several mobile titles in production.
Born as a hobby, InnoGames today has a team of 400 employees from more than 30 nations who share the passion of creating unique games that players across the globe enjoy for years. In order to further expand our success and to realize new projects, we are constantly looking for young talents, experienced professionals, and creative thinkers.